• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening denizens

Home again

Comment

My Freeview box, on being activated, proudly announced that:

10 channels have stopped transmitting
      No new channels have been added

It then announced that a firmware update was available, from version 1.8 to 3.4. I gave it permission to download and install this; it is now displaying an undismissable dialog with the words "Bugfixes and stability improvements" above a progress bar that has remained resolutely at 0% for ten minutes

I assume that, if I cycle the power, I will find that it has corrupted itself and will never work again

Ah well, I can always nip up to the Co-op and pick up another for about twenty quid - they're open till ten tonight.

Right, here goes... power off. What will the harvest be...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Ah well, I can always nip up to the Co-op and pick up another for about twenty quid - they're open till ten tonight.
        Pick up some beer while you're there

Did the reset do the trick?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Well, going into standby and back seemed to work for a few seconds; then it stopped responding to the remote.

Power off at the socket for ten seconds seems to have persuaded it to get its act together
          Last edited by NickFitz; 21 August 2009, 20:44. Reason: sp.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            DS1 announced yesterday that he's going to stop collecting Tyranids and start collecting Orks. He still has a lot of Tyranids left to paint so I told him to finish those first.
            Change of plan. He's now collecting Imperial Guard, as am I. That should make the battles interesting.

Fortunately DS2 is showing an interest in Eldar while DS3 seems rather keen on Orks.

Comment

Change of plan. He's now collecting Imperial Guard, as am I. That should make the battles interesting.

Fortunately DS2 is showing an interest in Eldar while DS3 seems rather keen on Orks.
              I'll have to find something for Baby Flux to collect when she's old enough. Something "ladylike".

So Witch Hunters it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Well, going into standby and back seemed to work for a few secnds; then it stopped responding to the remote.

Power off at the socket for ten seconds seems to have persuaded it to get its act together
                What firmware version does it have now? 1.8, 3.4 or somewhere in between?

Comment

What firmware version does it have now? 1.8, 3.4 or somewhere in between?
                  I'm not sure; let's check: yup, still on 1.8

Comment

<shudder>

Spider Patrol just got 19 confirmed kills, including one monster which is what prompted the initial Scramble! order.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's a good job you're made of money.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X