• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early lunch: a bit of steak & stout pie, cold. Works well that way too

Comment

Lovely sunny day down in Sussex by the Sea. Front and back lawns given a long cut (first of the year). I had hoped that would help the underlying stuff to dry out in readiness for a shorter cut next time but the forecast is for rain for the foreseeable from Tuesday.

Mum has only failed to find the horoscopes three times in the Mail on Sunday 'You' magazine and then subsequently find them when I say they're in the back.

Comment

Tea: a nice fry-up

Accompanied by an episode of Time Team in which they dug up a back garden in Raunds, Northants, in search of a Saxon cemetery, because the lady who lived there had already found a Saxon skeleton and grave goods which she'd dug up herself a few years previously

Comment

Earlier viewing was the usual Canadian customs and NZ roads policing stuff.

And later, new episodes of Ambulance and 24 Hours in A&E plus an old one of the latter

There was evidence of lack of local knowledge in the new 24 Hours… when the subtitles referred to "Burrow Hill". As any fule kno, it's Burrough Hill - a landmark to be found at at, oddly enough, the village of Burrough on the Hill, which has a very good pub, or did the last time I was there, around 1988

Monday again tomorrow, but at least it's only a four day week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather a gloomy start out, with added drizzle. That will continue until mid-morning, while the cloud will continue all day. Currently 6°C but not getting any higher than 10°, with the barometers heading down to 989/997mB

Comment

Morning all
              Mildly damp on our walk earlier, and due to me not being able to get myself moving, we only managed 7.97km.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Loud banging noises coming from somewhere, though it's hard to pinpoint them. I think it may be the flat upstairs; perhaps the owner has realised, after having it on the market for eighteen months and dropping the price several times, that they need to do up the bathroom and kitchen themselves

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

994.5 mBar, 29.367 in Hg, 745.9 Torr, 14.424 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 76% RH GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of September 2019 NF had pork chops for tea, LM had a new toy* & was spending hours fettling it, whereas the discussion on BR2049 continued: nice pictures but where's the plot?

(*For the sake of clarity, said toy appears to have been some sort of telephonic device).

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. plus a sausage sandwich as previoiusly predicted. Remarkably solid as it transpired.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about sommat.

NZ customs thing. Spanish youth, 18 yo, smoker of weed since 13, gets turned around on the Minority Report principle that he might smoke weed in NZ. They found fragments in his clothing & a bag, nothing significant but back on the plane he goes.

Septic customs thing: lots of guns in this one. Down south, some poor sod with the same name & DoB as some scum bag hauled out of his car at gun point along with his wife & kids. What a country. Up north curious selection of Iranians caught walking across the border.

Oz customs thing. Freesat box now comes up with "No Audio" for some reason, so back to terrestrial we drop. The usual chinese foods. "Phone chargers" with the wrong plug and lots of naughty stuff inside. Not exactly sophisticated.

^^^ Finger trouble: "No Audio" caused by audio description being on with no audio description being present. Or something.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86% (86.07%).

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> "Ten wanted men (1955)" with that Randolph Scott chap, plus Richard Boone and Lee Van Cleefe.

UFO Hunters: demising UFO Hunters ?offed by the MIB?.

The Mentalist S1 E21 "Miss Red".

Thing on S4C about Margam steelworks.

NCIS S20 E9 "Higher Education".

Car SOS S11 E10 JCB. I'm already. It's jumped the shark.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 March 2024, 22:57.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast. Bit of a breeze. No rain forecast. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 11 expected. The barometer on my weather app says it's 1002 mBar but Mum's house is below sea level, and I suspect the recording station is not.

Taking Mum for her quarterly B12 jab this morning then to Tesco for some shopping. Then back home to pack for my upcoming jaunt to Mexico.

Comment

Plumber came early to look at bog flush problem, so didn't have to hang around all day. Loony (yacky yacky) lady 3 walk later. Maybe she should be 2 as poor old 2 not around anymore.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X