• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.7 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1018.5 mBar, 30.076 in Hg, 763.94 Torr, 14.77 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of June 2019 it was grey & wet, LM was working, while MS was playing spider solitaire, & I was irritated to find that there was a drip from the roof over the front bedroom, which, it turned out, wasn't a shifted slate, but rather a slate smashed by whatever scaffolding oik had built the tower around the chimney back in 2010. I glued it back together from the inside to stop the drip a few days later.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and not very cool breeze. A horsefly met its end.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: John Cleese talking to some Archbishop or other.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

The last 20 minutes of "The Day the earth stood still (1951)". Klaatu barada nikto as they say, apparently.

NZ Highway Patrol from 2013.

NZ Motorway Patrol S12 E5 & 6. Turned out I'd seen bits of 6 with the idiot driving a lowloader plus digger under a bridge unsuccessfully.

Tea: soup with rice again, some peach slices, a red pippy corner yog (they're down to £2.50 again), 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

30 deg in the saltinghouse earlier. Cooled down a little once I'd opened both the doors.

America's book of secrets with Lance Reddick: The FBI, Mary, and their pursuit of MLK.

The WWWC explaing The UneXplained about Mars. Well he should know, Utopia Planitia shipyards & all that.. Oh feck, the Chief Autist has just got a mention.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2023, 21:55.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out. Not as warm as it could be though, being 17°C with 19° forecast but a bit of a light breeze making it "feel like" 16°. The barometers are hovering around 1014/1022mB

Comment

Lunch: mixed charcuterie butties again, this time on non-seedy bloomer as that's the only kind they had sliced when I went shopping

Comment

And for tea, a roast pork dinner

I realised right towards the end of cooking that I'd run out of Yorkshire puds, and didn't have the necessary ingredients to make any

Comment

There was the usual Canadian borders and New Zealand roads policing stuff earlier, and also a number of those ones about people hiding cameras in old people's alarm clocks because the cleaner's nicking stuff, of which they seem to have an inexhaustible supply

And later, an old 24 Hours in A&E

Earlier on, the Yore Computer account on Twitter, which is a bot that tweets individual pages randomly pulled from the Internet Archive's scans of old computer magazines, tweeted a page with one of the very few reviews my work received when I was a game developer in the 1980s. September 1988, The Games Machine, 29% for the PC conversion of Dream Warrior, which is fairly generous if anything because I thought the game itself was rubbish

Early night now, as sadly the supply of Bank Holidays has run short

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and not very warm at 11°C, maybe reaching 18° this afternoon when it brightens up a little. The barometers are unchanged again at 1014/1022mB

I'm due at the dentist this afternoon for a checkup; sadly at 2 rather than 2:30

My resident's parking permit for my old neck of the woods has now expired, but I still have a bunch of visitor permit scratchcards so at least I won't have to pay and can park in the residents' bays

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy and windy again. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 18 expected and the cloud being blown (or evaporated) away. Barometer hasn't moved.

Yesterday was scorchio! 23 degrees down on the south coast.

Busy week ahead. Then off for two weeks to do a tier point run to Hawaii. Having looked at the various time zones I'll be passing through (six in total) I suspect I won't know if I'm coming or going.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Stone me, talk about dreams. Lots of ultraviolence too.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.8 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1019.8 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1019 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of June 2019 nothing had changed due to inadequate posting yesterday.

As I'm about to consume breakfast, R4 is waffling on about faecal transplants.

Telex machine moderately clean.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, 34 bus back. Timed that right then.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of nearly toasted hot bread, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it went off air due to power problems to be replaced by Sliced Bread on toothpaste. It would appear that the above meal fails on every tooth preservation modality.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and coolish breeze.

Following on from the programme about the scum at the DWP, now a programme about floppy disks. Well that was tedious.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, the last of the peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. .

Wheeler Dealers S13 E3 1977 Honda CVCC. Bought for $2k, total: $, sold: $. This is where the motormouth is spouting bollox on steroids and you can tell that Edd China is majorly pissed off.

And this is the opinion of Piston Heads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=1576301&i=100

Well yes, Edd China was walking away from it and I'm not surprised, I'd walk away if I had to listen to that fat mouthy twat every day. Since when did he get to use spanners?

The first season with Velocity in control, apparently.

Digging for Britain with that Alice Roberts: crimson hair.

Wynne's Welsh 70s: 1974.

Weatherman Walking: Dinas Powis near that Cardiff. Feck me that was tedious. It used to be good. It's not good any more.

NCIS S19 E15 "Thick as Thieves". Amusing enough. Nice to see Kevin Chapman again. .

Car SOS S10 E5 Saab 900. Loughborough. Why is it difficult to fit a manual engine in a car with an auto gearbox? All you have to do is change the spigot bearing for the thingie the the nose of the torque converter fits into (this last being a bitch to get out when going the other way auto to manual).

Well the engine in the car was definitely fecked & not in a good way. So that's what a spun big end bearing looks like. .

The gearbox looks fecked too, & I'd check the radiator transmission oil cooler too if it's got one (must have to get that much water in the gearbox).

Well we didn't see what the problem was, the engine & gearbox went away & came back fixed.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 June 2023, 21:51.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    ...Then off for two weeks to do a tier point run to Hawaii...
                    Nice. Enjoy.

Cool start to the day. Prospect of heat later. Could get used to this.

Boy off for a week's outward bound thing with the school. His first time away without a parental. Empty nest for a few days. Laithwaites on speed dial.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X