• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy afternoon at the coal face.

Then went over the road to the Nuffield Health gym to sign up as I get 50% off the fees and they have a swimming pool. I mainly want to get back into swimming as I used to be quite capable at that.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Watching Digging for Britain.

They find much better stuff than those Oak Island nutjobs.

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Lotus Elan; taxed until March, possibly because they didn't need to do much to it beyond painting

And as the gold diggers approach the ends of their various seasons, some were luckier than others. Good on the guy who found a single nugget on his last day that weighed as much as all the gold he'd found in the rest of the season

And I didn't feel like watching any telly later, instead reading more of the book about The Waste Land

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Today's going to be quiet - anyone who is vaguely my boss is on Holiday and most of the rest of the team are off sick.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all
                CBS, BF, etc. Pond frozen again.
                Sourdough to make
                Marmalade to make
                …but first, I see we have another rodent to release from the roof.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all
                  CBS, BF, etc. Pond frozen again.
                  Sourdough to make
                  Marmalade to make
                  …but first, I see we have another rodent to release from the roof.
                  You know that legally you can't release them and need to kill them...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly clear start out, with just a hint of frost as it only just got down to 0°C for a bit last night; currently 1° and aiming for 8° later. The barometers are up a little at 1023/1031mB. There's some bits of cloud around, in the kind of formations that look as if they might mean something; if I'd paid more attention to the Ladybird Book of the Weather, I might know what

The secret laptop is due to arrive in the next twenty to eighty minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The secret laptop is due to arrive in the next twenty to eighty minutes!
                      And having posted that, I checked the tracking page again and I was the next stop!

Fair play on the chap for getting through his round so quickly, I suppose, but I had been planning to relax in my dressing gown over coffee and a round of toast, so I had to hastily get dressed instead so I could rush down to the front door for it

Anyway, it's here now. Best to let it get up to room temperature before starting it up though

Comment

Working...
                      X