• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Hope the sleep was reasonable last night.

Morning.

Thursday apparently. If it wasn't for the clock I'd have no idea wot day it is.

Dark.

Gloomy.

Grey.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Dire.

Cold in here at 12 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (unchanged but a tad of a tad from last night), 66% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of April 2019 it was a fine sunny Bank Holiday Monday. Surely there're laws against such things?

Woke unbidden at 05:58. Gave up. Read more of current book. Went back to sleep until a more reasonable 08:45.

Just wondering WTF it is in my CV that made some pimp in Regressive think I'm innerested in Mechanical Engineering Design contracts considering that I'm an electronics engineer with experience in embedded software.

Maybe it was the FORTRAN IV that's on there. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the drizzle free grey gloom.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yog (non corner until the price comes down again), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread (Y&Y) about detergents & saving the earth or something. Nothing to see there then.

TWATO.

The thing about the Mafia & waste disposal.

House roughly vacced. Found an 8BA countersunk screw that had appeared from somewhere.

Freecell score: 87%, running average 85%. (it was down to 71% at one stage).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the remainder of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E1 Jensen Interceptor. And back to dear old Edd we go. Get them rattle cans ready. Hole in the floor. Brake master cylinder, steering rack, leather food. Bought: £5k, Total: £5430, Sold: £6k5. MOT ran out December 2020. Previous advisories: it's fecking dissolving. .

Dear old Fred Dibnah waffling away about steam engines.

Joy of Painting. Misty evergreens, blue sky, and birch trees. I'm nodding off just thinking about it. . 19:35 and . It's a record.

Trucking Hell S6 E17.

The Movies The 1970s Part I (at a guess).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 February 2023, 20:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^^Hope the sleep was reasonable last night.
      Thanks for asking, I got a couple of hours.

Time to go out and mend a gate.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thursday apparently. If it wasn't for the clock I'd have no idea wot day it is
        Don't have a clue what century it is these days.

Plumber round this morning, did a quick job on me stopcock. Me water supply, that is.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day but even milder this time: 11°C no less, though that's our lot for the day. The barometers are back up a trivial amount at 1012/1020mB

Meanwhile on the lawn, some pigeons are bimbling about in the far corner. No sign of crows, magpies, blackbirds or squirrels at this time

Comment

Lunch was a couple of freshly baked Greggs sausage rolls

And then I sallied forth on a mission I've been putting off for some time: a haircut! So that's that done

And onwards to Sainsbury's, which somehow managed to cost me an arm and a leg despite me not really needing much

BUT: new Viz klaxon!

Comment

The mundane laundry is on

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Don't have a clue what century it is these days.

Plumber round this morning, did a quick job on me stopcock. Me water supply, that is.
                It's the Year of the Querulous Megapode.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea has been a rack of ribs in a honey-based BBQ sauce with loads of chips

Comment

The car programme has suddenly skipped back to S7 from 2010, for no obvious reason. Anyway, they did a Jensen Interceptor and it seems to have worked, as it's taxed until next January

And the gold diggers had their standard ups, downs, and machinery problems

Then, as it's Groundhog Day, I rewatched the excellent Groundhog Day (1993)

Now, I'm going to go to bed and read my book about The Waste Land for a bit

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ. Not holding out much hope for tonight based on a few email exchanges today.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X