• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Blue sky and wispy fluff. Dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Low chance of rain.

Knackered. Rubbish sleep. Time for a doze on the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The car earlier was a Noble M12 GTO, which went like the clappers once they'd sorted it out. Currently SORN, MOT expired this past May.
      It'll be tricky to better 170mph. .

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 17.4 deg, with 18.4 deg in the kitchen and 15 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.706 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 73% RH.

Saturday.

Some very odd dreams: seemed to involve some sort of tool shop/junk shop/book shop, with a discussion of the timing mechanism of the first gadget in 1945.

Meanwhile back in the mysts of 5th January 2019 much discussion took place regarding Billy Connolly.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the Simpsonsesque sunshine & blue sky (while it lasted).

Returned home to find Strangelove Sis esconced next door in Idle ****'s kitchen and that's where I, She, & her hubby have been all fecking day.

Knackered now.

An amazing number of binbags filled.

The paper recycling boxes all filled.

The glass recycling boxes both filled: mine had 3 jam jars and a litre bottle (empty) of Southern Comfort whilst IC's binbox was full to overflowing with wine bottles and an occasional jam jar.

Binbags full of out of date food of varying descriptions, the oldest dating back to 2014 (which is impressive even to me).

Once enough of the carpet was visible the Vax was pressed into use and required unblocking & emptying numerous times, moved one of the sofas to find that there's a nice carpet beetle infestation.

Who'd have thunk that not moving stuff for 3 years might be A Bad Idea.

Apparently Mrs IC has been away on a cruise with Mrs IC's son, they came down with the plague as is predictable.

Strangelove Sis, Hubby, IC, & I assume Mrs IC have fecked off to that Swansea to some restaurant or other. I declined.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked baans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: see above. All of which meant I missed the Saturday Wheeler Dealers. .

Tea: spag with not particularly fiery bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Jeremy Corbin talking to Nick Robinson with intermittent <click> here & there. .

Oh, and it went grey & rained a bit in the afternoon.

The Sweeney S4 E4 "Trust Red": the cat burglar peterman one.

The Sweeney S4 E5 "Nightmare": the one where Regan's GF is psychic.

Can't find anything else to watch. . I may have to read a book.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2022, 21:10.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS etc. A day digging up bamboo lies ahead, I suspect
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, only 14°C, though the barometers are up at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Watching Strictly but 3 dances behind as I forgot it was on until I saw a live blog.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got a very sore arm from the Covid booster. Feel quite tired too

Comment

No venturing forth for food tonight, as I wasn't particularly hungry. So I just had some chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Back home, good drive back. Have been watching more Professor T.

Comment

TFBSZ.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly tonight, just for a change

Getting an early night now so I can do stuff tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X