• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, overcast and damp. Signs of overnight / early morning rain. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Light showers forecast this morning. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

I have lots of bamboo in my garden. The previous tenant let everything overgrow so I'm gradually working my way round trying to get the wisteria, bamboo and other crud under control. Got a lovely Japanese Acer which struggled in the summer but seems to have survived. I've found what used to be a pond which stinks and needs cleaning out before I decide whether to fix it or turn it into a rockery (as it has lots of rocks in it already).

Comment

Morning all
      Overcast, and given the light rain during the night, I suspect TFTWGO may actually have gone out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The bonfire has definitely Gone Out after last evening's deluge, whilst the bamboo is looking slightly the worse for Agent Oranging.

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not raining).

Damp (as in there was a deluge yesterday evening).

Sunny.

Slightly warmer at 17.4 deg in here, 18 deg in the kitchen.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 73% RH.

Friday.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile back in 5th January 2019 NF was still eating sausage rolls, I had a stale sausage roll, and I had a discussion with the barber re a murder up the road a bit.

Shirts out of the WM & hanging limply on the line.

Cottons (including bedsheets) in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in sunshine.

Cottons out of the WM.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Cottons out on the line.

Smalls and yesterday's gardening jeans in the WM, along with, to my considerable irritation, a chunk of paper towel.

Smalls and gardening jeans hanging on the line.

Good news: Kwarteng finally found the oiuja board so he could consult Anthony Barber on the best way to feck up the economy for the next 10 years.

Cottons that require iRoning in off the line & iRoned, now airing over the banisters.

House vacced, or as much of the floor as is easily visible vacced.

Smalls in off the line and soundly beaten to remove the bits of paper there adhering.

Freecell score: 86% running average 85%.

Roller towel & sheets in off the line & airing over the banisters.

Tea: the last of the M&S lightly dusted plaice, some fruit cocktail (more of the 30 a week), a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM, though a glance was taken at the Ancient Aliens bollox which proved much too bolloxy to bother with.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E19 Noble M12: Stone me. They'll have to try hard to find something that goes faster than that.

Car SOS: in contrast to the Noble M12, how about a Bond Bug. . Flat out at 50 mph with someone leaning out of the door to stop it turning turtle.

No MOT history MOT expired on 23rd March 2022 & currently SORN so I suppose the Parkinsons got the chap.

The Sweeney S4 E2 "Hard Men": the one with Janet Ellis, James Cosmo, and Norman Lumsden a.k.a. J. R. Hartley of Fly Fishing fame.

It must be said that the altered title & credit sequence comes as a bit of a shock after the previous 3 seasons.

Ghosts S3 E1 (BBC1 Not Wales as per fecking normal, it was ever thus but now with Freesat it doesn't fecking matter any more since there's more than a dozen different BBC1 channels to choose from, unlike back in the day when I'd be up a mountain with a big fecking aerial & a portable telly to watch something not otherwise available).

The Sweeney S4 E3 "Drag Act": the one where a couple of probationers show up Regan & the team in the search for stolen brandy.

In other other news, Curtains are Going UP next door! Not the Idle ****, but rather his Mother and her hubby are coming down to clean the place up a bit & put up curtain rails*.

I did point out that it's drylined with plasterboard glued to the walls which means your average rawl plug ain't going to cut the mustard.

This looks inneresting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx90VadXSXA

*Ha Ha. As if. It was me & my medium sized SDS drill wot dun it, like, as one might have expected..
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2022, 18:07.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Rain got wet while going to get my flu jab.

Came back in to hear the good news so spread it around.

Suppose to be listening in a meeting.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been a large corned beef bap

Quite sunny out. I daresay it'll rain when I have to go out, for this afternoon, I go to get my Covid booster!

I got a text message yesterday saying I was now eligible, so went straight online to book one. Turns out they're still doing them at the community centre attached to the Hindu temple up the road and had loads of free slots, so I booked myself in for 16:15. It's handy as I need to pop to the chemists for the monthly prescription anyway, so I can carry on to there straight after

Still haven't heard anything about flu jabs - might give the surgery a ring

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Still haven't heard anything about flu jabs - might give the surgery a ring
              Get yourself an appointment with Boots (or other large pharmacy) and fill in all the stuff so they don't charge you. Then every year in July/August they will contact you to make an appointment from end of September.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Get yourself an appointment with Boots (or other large pharmacy) and fill in all the stuff so they don't charge you. Then every year in July/August they will contact you to make an appointment from end of September.
                The surgery will probably be in touch soon. Much easier to go next door for it than trek to Boots

Comment

Got the Covid jab, and the prescription

The jab is the new bivalent one that supposedly also protects against Omicron BA.1 so it's a shame the higher-numbered subvariants are now more common

Comment

Tiddley pom ti pom

Comment

Om.

Meanwhile back in 5th January 2019 NF made his first visit of the year to The Chinese.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2022, 18:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X