• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iain Wright and Alex Scott are kicking off about the women's football game.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea has been a lovely big fry-up. Delicious!

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly has been a couple of S3 episodes of 24 Hours in A&E as part of the ongoing ten year catchup

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

New day, new week, new month

Outside is cloudy but it's only thin cloud so it's also quite bright; it seems gaps will develop later, leading to radiation directly striking the Earth and those that crawl thereon. Currently 14°C but maybe getting as bad as 25° later, with the barometers heading back up at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Morning all
              Thin, high cloud this morning, but a beautiful clear sky earlier. Feels like it's going to be a warm one.

The DogTW appears to be feeling better, although she's also on a mild dose on meloxicam, which is helping.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but seems to be trying to brighten up. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1017 mBar.

Went to bed early, slept until I woke before my alarm. Except, there was no alarm! I had forgotten to set it. Fortunately, when I finally chose to look at the clock, there was 45 minutes until my alarm should have gone off.

HWMBO has landed back from his holiday in Berlin with his kids. The eldest is accompanying him and they'll stay for a couple of days.

Wondered why downstairs was so deliciously cool - turns out I'd forgotten to close the back door into the kitchen (and not the first time I've forgotten either). No signs of any overnight visitors coming in.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Blue sky in parts, but not the part the sun is attempting to shine through.

Cool in here at 20.8 deg.

1015 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (unchanged), 70% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing pretty brightly.

Might take a trip to the Oxfam shoppe in Swansea to dispose of some books.

I'm sure they're always glad to see me. .

Which posting took me back to 18th November 2018 wherein there was a discussion of 50" television sets and bin ladies.

<hiatus>

About 4 feet of books donated to Oxfam. Went down on the X7 and came back on the same bus (as determined by the crumbs of pastry from some sort of pasty thing left by a little girl).

The Cape Horner pub is now a remarkably small pile of rubble. .

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y whinging about some Booking.com scam where some unfortunate lady has hordes of exhausted travellers knocking on the door under the mistaken impression they've booked the house.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the incessant sunshine. Strewth it's a bit warm out there Bruce.

Freecell score in the appalling heat: 93%, running average 85% (84.818%).

With the end of Farscape and the moving of "Discovering Film" to a silly mid afternoon time, there's now NothingToWatch at tea time.

I had a wander around bits of Swansea on streetview, stone me there's been a few changes in the intervening 3 or 4 years: the carpark outside the train station is now an enormous block of Esteemed Customer flats, whilst the carpark in King's Road on the trek down to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde is also an even more enormous block of Esteemed Customer flats.

Where the feck all these Esteemed Customers are coming from is anyone's guess.

Glad I didn't buy an HMO up in Mount Pleasant or Port Tenant back in the day or I'd have been gutted.

There're even more Esteemed Customer flats that have gone up near the railway station.

Just been reading the "10 questions to ask contractors" thing. Glad they missed out "have you ever had the urge to kill someone at work" one. The answer to that never goes down well. .

Stone me, that totaljobs site is crap: search on "electronics engineer" brings up Highways Engineer on the Isle of Man. WTF?

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: as much of PM as I was able to tolerate which wasn't overmuch, plus the last 10 minutes of In Business a bit earlier.

No Ancient Aliens bollox since I've watched all that, so it was some UFO bollox about the Vatican files or whatever.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E8 Ford Popular hotrod: this was actually inneresting which made a change.

Who'd have thunk that custom wheels could be so cheap? A mere £1700 for 4, turned from a billet.

And a narrowed Jag front suspension. Well there's a thing. Just take an angle grinder and chop the old front suspension off.

Never did see how the exhaust was plumbed into the wheel arches.

Oh, and it's gone very dark and large drops of rain are falling, but few & far between at the moment.

Alias S3 E7 "Prelude": the trip to China, and Sydney's secret is exposed.

Alias S3 E8 "Breaking Point": captured by the NSC.

Alias S3 E9 "Conscious": that's handy. Good to see Vasquez Rocks yet again, she didn't bump into Kirk or Buffy.

Blind Frog Ranch nutjobbery S2 E8: EOS: down the hole they go, though someone's trying to sabotage things. Meanwhile they're putting some cans down the hole.

This lot are truly battulip crazy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/goldrush/co...nd_frog_ranch/

Well that was inneresting: a "cave" with a floor that looks very much like it's a poured concrete studio floor, with added roots in the roof.

Oh good, that's the end of it. Wot a relief.

Alias S3 E10 "Remnants": some loose ends get tied up nice & tidy like. Someone has daddy issues and gets heated over it.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2022, 22:54.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Which posting took me back to 18th November 2018 wherein there was a discussion of 50" television sets and bin ladies.
                    I don't get a travel back in time when I post here. Maybe I've not been contributing for long enough. It's fun to read your little snippets of what random page you landed on!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I don't get a travel back in time when I post here. Maybe I've not been contributing for long enough. It's fun to read your little snippets of what random page you landed on!
                      Travel "back in time" is due to a bug if you have people on ignore and they've posted in that thread...

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X