• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Untouchables (1987) in which Eliot Ness takes down Al Capone for tax evasion, and Sean Connery gets away with failing miserably at maintaining an Irish accent before reverting to… well, the way Sean Connery talks. Seriously, he doesn't even get to the end of his first scene as an Irish cop before reverting to Connery, and for the rest of the film it's just the odd phrase mid-sentence where he seems to remember that he's supposed to be Irish. But whatever; it's Sean Connery, and he gets to talk however he wants, and it's a really good film

And then the rest of Chernobyl

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      Overcast but dry out. The DogTW is still limping, but doesn’t seem as unwell as yesterday.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast with a stif breeze. Currently 20 degrees ('feels like' 18) with a high of 23 expected. Low chance of showers Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

Had a lovely coughing fit around 430-5 am. Just doing another covid test before I go to see the parentals and talk LPAs.

Comment

I decided to watch a film last night that didn't require me to have much brain power. So I went for the first two Kingsman films and they were exactly the right level of silly entertainment I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sean Connery gets away with failing miserably at maintaining an Irish accent before reverting to… well, the way Sean Connery talks. Seriously, he doesn't even get to the end of his first scene as an Irish cop before reverting to Connery, and for the rest of the film it's just the odd phrase mid-sentence where he seems to remember that he's supposed to be Irish. But whatever; it's Sean Connery, and he gets to talk however he wants
            As a complete contrast to his facility with accents in "Highlander" of course.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21 deg.

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 69% RH.

Sunday.

Unwonted waking at 05:25 with a dream of Ampex tape machines and suchlike.

Sleep was reluctant to return but was achieved eventually.

Which posting precipitated me back to 17th November 2018 wherein NF was "in the Chinese". .

A little later NF was busily watching "Babylon 5". I wonder if he ever finished it.

I've watched it all apart from the Thirdspace etc. which is on a dvd I don't have & won't pay £35 for.

Still can't understand why all those Bab5 dvds needed so much washing before they'd play properly.

BH went <click> several times as it was remarkably irritating this morning.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the intermittent drizzle and extreme closeness.

Lunch: Morrisons baked beans on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The food programme: protein supplements: I now know I weight 80kg (ish) and should be consuming 100gm of protein per day.

Well there's a thing.

And, with that, TWTW goes <click>.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 85% (84.818%).

Entertainment: The Repair Shoppe: the one with the clock that was damaged by a poltergeist and the painting ripped by a lamp, broken vanity mirror.

Nice clock. Remarkable job, Ditto painting.

Now watching some mad programme called Find it Fix it, Flog it. Or how to turn junk into money, apparently.

Tea: Mr Brains faggots with peas & such, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Alias S3 E5 "Repercussions": wherein the enstabbed are recovered & repaired.

Alias S3 E6 "The nemesis": wherein someone presumed dead at the end of S2 proves to be undead and not in a good way.

The Repair Shoppe: Elizabethan Popular 200 tape recorder, a toy car, sequin dress,

Some programme on BBC4 about a lady photographer.

More froggy bollox about Blind Frog Ranch: they've bored a hole, and found a void, which is more than the Oak Island nutjobs have done.

Said void is rather hot in terms of radon. So they're going down with breathing apparatus and NBC suits. .
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 July 2022, 22:38.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lot of cash knocking about so been slowly investing a bit at a time. Lucky at mo, things i've brought in last few months all risen significantly, some by 14%.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, after some rain overnight which had been predicted to continue into today but clearly didn't. Currently 24°C but not getting any worse than that, and the barometers continue to dither, being trivially down at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Roast gammon cob and a bag of crisps for lunch

Comment

Good drive down to the parentals. Clouds cleared and the sun came out. Uncomfortable at 78% humidity. Light shower on the drive back. Slow going on parts of the M25. I am not pleased that the most direct route now requires me to use the M25.

Cooking fish fingers for a FF sandwich as my tea.

I hear some English ladies kicked a ball about and really showed the Gerry's what for.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I hear some English ladies kicked a ball about and really showed the Gerry's what for.
                      Making some Germans cry - literally.

And no penalties.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X