• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

^^^It's Discovery/History/Whatever innit. as in "This way to the Egress" (c) P. T. Barnum.
    Well, quite. Googling revealed that the frog show has its own subreddit, which seems to consist exclusively of threads discussing what a load of old pony it is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Well, quite. Googling revealed that the frog show has its own subreddit, which seems to consist exclusively of threads discussing what a load of old pony it is
      It must be poor since it fails even my notoriously low standards of viewing.

The pistonheads view of Wheeler Dealers is worth a look too, along with their view on Car SOS. .

Oddly, after almost falling asleep during yesterday's Blaze epic about The Holy Grail in Septicland*, I still managed to wake like a fecking lark at 05:40 this morning.

*A fine indication of the standards of my viewing habits..
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. It's a chilly 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Some light showers may occur. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Still feeling grotty but still testing negative. I do feel a bit better than yesterday though. My throat feels marginally less like it has nails in it.

Comment

Morning all (just realised I hadn't said hello yet)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

I walked to Boots earlier to pick up a prescription.

During my visit I purchased stuff on the ground floor using a self-service till. All fine.

Got and paid for my prescription at the pharmacy counter. All fine

Saw more stuff I wanted to purchase and my card kept getting declined at an upstairs till.

Grabbed the stuff and went back to the first till. And the purchase went through but was 3 pounds cheaper. It appears because the shop assistant didn't put my discount on my points card through my payment was rejected.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This morning has been mostly spent trying to guess where a turtle is going next.

Comment

Lunch has been bacon cobs - plural because the cobs I got from Sainsbury's in-store bakery last week appear distinctly smaller than they used to be, and I'm also on the thick-cut bacon so two rashers in one cob would have been ridiculous even by my standards

All while catching up on the travels of the turtle, of course

Comment

Why is there not a turtle-cam?

Comment

I wish to point out that I was (one of) the first to work out the final destination. Also, I almost got his route through the dales correct at my first attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Why is there not a turtle-cam?
                      If only!

Slow Travel Turtle has gone missing:

https://twitter.com/politic_animal/s...2Wa0IkQ4HTEmcg

Comment

Working...
                      X