• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO and I went to a wine bar that looks like a bit of a dive but was actually decent. Then onto dinner which was also very good. All within 5 minutes walk from home.

Comment

Busy day - old dishwasher taken to the tip, dog taken on a very long walk and then 4 G-plan chairs “restored” (cleaned, reupholstered, polished etc) for the seaside house.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now TFBSZ

Comment

Telly tonight was the motorway programme whilst dining, and then a repeat of a pre-covid The Repair Shop. And then I turned it off because I didn't really feel like watching anything

Getting an early night now, as I would like to Get Stuff Done tomorrow (though I probably won't)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Actual nightmare last night so a considerable amount of the book was read in an attempt to escape it.

Grey.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

21.9 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756 Torr, 14.62 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 66% RH.

Sunday.

Which post took me back to November 11th 2018 a Sunday wherein I consumed roast lamb, roast lamb's heart, and stewed blackberries with custard.

Dear dead days beyond recall.

The new neighbours were about to move in, apparently, despite the house not being ready. Goodness me, doesn't time fly when you're having fun..

Nearly gave myself away by logging in as DoctorStranglelove. .

Freecell score in the endless drizzle: 86% (of a lot), running average 85%.

Lunch: Morrisons baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dan Do, of which I missed the start again, so that weird Victorian Gothic pile is still a mystery.

A mystery no more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...an-do-pennod-2

A modest little pile: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wy...01!4d-3.026415

Their part is the entrance hall. Feck me.

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle: dire dire dire, running average 85%.

Tea: liver & bacon with onion gravy, the onions being rather blacker than I'd like, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Tony Robinson walking along the coast of Cornwall philosophising about the evils of 18th C smuggling & the like.

Oddly enough I was on the side of the smugglers.

Tony Robinson walking along the canal tow path to Wigan Pier. Eddie Waring would have been proud.

Bit of the thing about The Last Pope which I watched previously.

Bit of Joe Kidd on 5 Action.

Bit of The Ghost & Mrs Muir on Talking Pictures. Rather more likely to watch that than Joe but there you go.

Freecell score: 100% (of 14), running average 85%.

Alias S2 E13 "Phase One": the throw it all up in the air & reboot it one, and someone gets substituted.

Alias s2 E14 "Double Agent": the body double one.

Alias S2 E15 "A free agent": The return of Sloane & Sark with added Rambaldi artifacts one.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 July 2022, 22:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

HMWBO has headed off to Berlin to meet his children for a holiday. I am dealing with closing meter reads for my flat and general life admin. I might have a blitz in the kitchen and try to organise it better. Waitrose due between 2 and 3 pm. They don't have any battered haddock fish fingers.

Comment

Morning all

Murky out, will make gardening slightly less strenuous

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and breezy day out. Mild though at 21°C, with 27° due later. I just hope the breeze blowing quite vigorously through the living room window retains its cooling power. Barometers are down again at 1004/1012mB

Breakfast has been a couple of croissants with strawberry jam. Very tasty, though I gather they add up to almost as many calories as a roast dinner, which seems strange for such light and airy fare

Comment

Kitchen cupboards organised just in time for me to know where to put away the Waitrose delivery.

Listening to You're Dead to Me on BBC Sounds while looking for storage ideas for the hallway.

Comment

Late lunch: cold Southern not-fried chicken drumsticks

Comment

Working...
                      X