• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's the one

Couldn't see what they saw in it myself - the major selling point seemed to be that it wasn't as rusty as they usually are
    Yes, that was it. It wasn't rusty.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea was some of the ham, pea and lentil soup, accompanied by thick ends of both wholemeal and multiseed that have been taking up space in the freezer

Still too warm in here, but there isn't much of a breeze to carry the cool air inwards

The car earlier was a BMW Z3 M, from which a previous owner had removed the anti-roll thing. Doesn't seem like a good idea, really

And tea has been accompanied by the tail end of a Police Interceptors from the other night

I'd paused it at the start of a commercial break. This exposed a bug when I resumed, which happened even after I'd force-quit the My5 app and started again from the front page. As far as I can see, it assumed that it needed to show some ads because it does that when you try to resume a programme after a period of absence. However, it also wanted to show some ads because it was at an ad break. The solution it found was to play two lots of ads simultaneously. Only one lot won as far as the screen was concerned, but the audio from both came through, nicely mixed together. Then, at the end, it played the same trailer for Home and Away on both streams, but one started about 1.5 seconds before the other, so everything the characters said was repeated a moment later. Pretty epic fail, I thought

Comment

Tonight's further viewing was a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E though despite being a new series, it's still patients from late 2020. And then an old one from 2012

The extra time let the place cool down a little further, but it's still too hot

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The car earlier was a BMW Z3 M, from which a previous owner had removed* the anti-roll thing. Doesn't seem like a good idea, really
          Might have been a good idea if BMW had made the steel holding various bits together a tad stronger, thus eliminating the need to plate the crossmember.

They must have been taking tips from the rusty Fiat approach to automotive engineering.

*Not so much "removed" as "fell off".

Morning.

Dry. .

Blue sky.

Warm in here at 22.5 deg.

1018 mBar, 30.06 763.56 in Hg, Torr, 14.765 psi, (up from 1016 last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Discovered one of the security lights has failed to permanently on.

I wonder how long that's been on for, thankfully only a 110W one, which will shortly become a 10W led one.

Some proper Strangelovian entertainment on R4 this morning: Sideways: A nuclear awakening and then War of Nerves.

Wear your mushrooms with pride.

Can't see anything obviously wrong with said security light other than it being ancient.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Strewth it's a bit warm out there, Bruce, hot enough to boil a monkey's bum & no mistake.

Faulty security light removed and not replaced, but the cable was instead connected to a newly installed junction box pending the reduction in temperature to something more bearable.

Assorted electronic junk on the shelf nearby was roughly dusted, the dead crap brushed off, and installed in binbags to at least keep some of the crap off it.

The dead security light has. of course, been retained Just In Case It Comes in Handy, like.

The rusty & broken mounting bracket appears to be firmly welded to it via some even more rusty nuts & bolts.

Freecell score: 100% (of 14), running average 85%.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens bollox: The Alien Phenomenon: with that erick chap again. All 2 hours of it. (Not that I've watched much of it).

Glad to see that the jackdaws are appreciating the apples & pears on my fruit trees.

Just as well someone does. :.

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S4 E10 "Coup by Clam": the neurally linked bacteria one with added Girl Power.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E11 1964 Triumph TR4. An actual classic. And even better the subtitles work so OldYerAndOut Motor Mouth is silent. Which is double plus good.

Well that included the most half arsed explanation of the difference between dynamo electrics with positive earth and alternator electrics with negative earth.

Well there's a thing. Lucas, Prince of Darkness, regulator explained. Who'd have thunk?

My Feet are killing me on Really. Strong stomach needed for this one.

Phantom Signals on Blaze: The WOW! signal, odd earthquake type signals from an island between Madagascar & Africe: new volcano 12000 feet down in the ocean, tedious crap about mirages.

Mystery Quest on Blaze, more bollox about Area51, UFOs, the usual.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 July 2022, 22:07.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A few clouds in the sky, and even got 3 drops of rain that fell as we were coming back in from our walk.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Back to that unpleasant sunniness out, though it's not expected to get any higher than 24°C from the current 18°. Barometers steady at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright and warm. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 27 expected. Barometer down to 1022 mBar.

The journey to / from Portuguese class last night wasn't too bad, although the Central Line was a bit warm.

Comment

Wow, in today's games, the mystery country in Globle was my go-to first country. The answer to Nerdle was my second guess (the first guess only having 2 right numbers wrong place and 2 right signs wrong place)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Wow, in today's games, the mystery country in Globle was my go-to first country. The answer to Nerdle was my second guess (the first guess only having 2 right numbers wrong place and 2 right signs wrong place)
                    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Some proper Strangelovian entertainment on R4 this morning: Sideways: A nuclear awakening and then War of Nerves.
                      Thanks! I like the Sideways series, will go and find it.

Comment

Working...
                      X