• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but bright and dry. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Feels colder indoors though. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Busy morning. Wrote some stuff up.

Toast with marmite being had for breakfast.

Comment

I want to go to the supermarket but every time I do go do something someone resigns.

I though our first parliamentary soap opera with good but the sequel is more interesting.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Late lunch today, due to too many meetings: a roast beef butty on multiseed bread. Very tasty

Comment

HWMBO and I had cocktails and dinner booked for this evening with friends of his who are visiting from Oz but they cancelled as they've caught covid and don't want to spread it about.

So, after a couple of quick calls, we've got the bookings amended and we'll be having a very nice date night instead.

Comment

Very annoying when you're trying to get some work done and the government keeps slowly collapsing into ruins out of the corner of your eye

Comment

Tea: some roast lamb I froze ages ago with chips, peas, gravy and mint sauce

Comment

Rumours of my resignation are greatly exaggerated.

In other news, TFBSZ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Japanese thing with a big engine, but all they did was downgrade same so it complied with Californian regulations on smog

And later viewing was more ten-year-old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E because I was too distracted keeping an eye on the ongoing shambles in Westminster to bother thinking of something else to watch

Wonder how many more will have gone by the time I wake up?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    A bit overcast out there, but pleasantly warm.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Wonder how many more will have gone by the time I wake up?
                      Quite a few as it happens.

Well there's a thing.

It's one of those "Downfall" moments.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

The thing that craps outside the back door crapped outside the back door overnight, much to my joy & appreciation.

Fortunately I spotted it before walking in it.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg.

1025.5 mBar, 30.283 in Hg, 769.188 Torr, 14.87 psi, (up from 1023 last night), 72% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers made their merry way up the road earlier but I was sleeping heavily enough not to notice.

As is its wont, the forum deposited me back to the dire day in 2018 where that awful helicopter crash killed the owner of the football club.

He's toast. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked. Quite sunny out there.

Lunch: baked potato with Morrisons own brand beans and cheese, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:hubris & schadenfreude.

Painted the kitchen window.

Discovered the window over the cooker had a rotted sill, so out came the super duper Wood filler stuff from Ronseal: it's actually Plastic Padding with a white hardener stuff instead of the yellow stuff in proper PP.

Seems to still work despite being yonks old. Much sanding required, painting will happen tomorrow.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed gooseberries with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Vivien Leigh.

Farscape S4 E6 "Natural Election": the one with the outer space plant FFS. .

Wheeler Dealers S16 E7: 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S: another car I've never wanted. Feck me some of this stuff is complicated beyond sense or reason.

Discovering Robert Wise (director: Star Trek: the motionless picture).

It's the Roswell 75th anniversary on Blaze. .

I see there's a slightly less ancient Wheeler Dealers on at 21:00, one where Motor Mouth is back in the UK with "Elvis" doing the mechanicking.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 July 2022, 19:52.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X