• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese on toast for lunch

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch; very tasty

Turning gloomy out. I expect the rain will arrive at the time I have to go to the chemist's to collect the monthly prescription, which I couldn't get earlier in the week because of one of those damn "medication review" blockers that never involve anything having to be changed

Comment

Popped down to the dry cleaners with some curtains.

Bloody expensive having big windows.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Popped down to the dry cleaners with some curtains.

Bloody expensive having big windows.
          It certainly is! I have had the curtains in my flat cleaned recently (sadly I did it before finding out I was being evicted) and it cost me a small fortune.

The new gaff has big curtains too so that'll be another future expense to cover. I might look up a collection / delivery service as those things are bloomin' heavy.

Comment

I made it to the chemist's for the prescription, where to my surprise there wasn't a queue. Must go there at that time in future, in case it coincides with a gap in the GP surgeries at the adjacent health centre

The tooth, sadly, isn't going as well as this morning. I phoned the dentist, to be told that the one who sees me is currently rearranging their entire schedule and as a result it's impossible to say when they can see me, and somebody will be in touch. But they did grudgingly admit that they'd try to sort something out for me if I phone up in agony on Monday again

I might just go private at the other place; it's a bit further away, but seems a bit better organised, and the private treatment fees listed on their website don't seem excessive. The current place barely even has a website

Comment

Laundry basket has been emptied, the contents washed, and hung about.

Now watching the TdF highlights on ITV4

Comment

Tea: southern not-fried chicken, with chips and ketchup

This was the Sainsbury's own-brand SFC, which is not quite as good as M&S's but considerably better than that mediocre third-party stuff they were selling for a while.

Comment

Tomorrow morning the ride on mower needs a bit of work done to it, no grass cut tonight.

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After the Audi and the opal hunters, TV whilst dining was The Repair Shop Jubilee Special. I've never understood that pearly king and queen stuff; must be a London thing, though I suspect a lot of Londoners don't get it either

And then ST:TNG S5E9, A Matter Of Time (TV Episode 1991). A decent enough episode, though not one of the greats

Going to try to get to sleep while the paracetamol is still doing something (though not enough) now, the antibiotics having apparently fallen at the final hurdle

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Murky out and looks like it’s trying to rain.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X