• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I watched the film a Belfast story which basically confirmed the reality most people just want peace. V good.

Tomorrow breakfast is soda bread with a full Irish as experienced in Belfast 30 years ago.

now watching "the Journey"
    I haven't watched A Belfast Story yet, but I thought The Journey was very good

Comment

The car earlier was a Mazda MX5, but one with a turbo that they didn't make many of because the factory burned down. And the opal hunters weren't really doing anything out of the ordinary this time.

But I finished off Nevil Shute's The Rainbow and the Rose, one of his I've never read before. It's OK, but not one of his great ones, which is presumably why, when I bought it a few years ago, I could afford what turns out to be a first edition, with dust jacket (faded on the spine)

Then some of the motorway programme whilst dining, after which I started re-reading The Death of Grass, being in the mood for something a bit apocalyptic

Very, very tired again, and have been since this afternoon. This covid stuff doesn't let up. But I had to wait until now to get to sleep so I could take the last amoxicillin of the day at the correct time

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again, though it's apparently going to rain this afternoon. Already at 15°C and going for 20°, with the barometers basically steady at 1003/1010mB

The tooth is a little improved, but still not right

Comment

Morning all
            CBS, etc

Comment

Morning.

Damply dry after torrential deluge overnight.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.73669 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 71% RH.

Thursday, apparently, as confirmed by the recycling engineers earlier.

Walk (alternate route, abbreviated) walked under the increasingly threatening clouds.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans (whilst they're still affordable), bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing about Clint Eastwood on "that's TV", one of those channels with a bit rate you can count on the fingers of one hand whilst desperately trying to find a setting on the satbox & the tv that gives a picture that's neither too tall nor too wide.

The funeral ads are even more irritating than that black guy showing his tonsils on the 888 gambling ads sponsoring Blaze.

CBS Justice has transmogrified into "Leg End", whilst "Horror" has transmogrified into "Horror Xtra" and, I assume "Horror Xtra+1".

Minor potching in the garage, amounting to nothing, followed by much picking of yellow & red gooseberries, followed by much cooking of same.

I'm gonna need another bag of sugar. .

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, followed by, oddly enough, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Burt Lancaster.

Farscape S4 E1 "Crichton kicks": the WTF is going on here one. Following on from S3 E22 WTF is going here.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E2: 1979 Triumph TR7 in orange. Probably they left the peel on too.

Feck me, that was actually funny. "If it's orange throw it away".

Discovering John Frankenheimer. I've watched a fair few of his pictures.

Discovering Oliver Stone: ditto.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2022, 20:24.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and wispy fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 19 later and rain expected from lunchtime through to early evening. Barometer steady at 1013 mBar.

Some electricians turned up do some checks or other. Switched the power off without warning. Always happy when that happens. Apparently something that should have been done near the fuse box hasn't happened so they packed up their tools and left.

Comment

Exciting news: the landlord, whoever that actually is, has put the property up for sale at auction in a few weeks

Supposedly it's being sold as a going concern including all existing tenancies. But, of course, there's the distinct possibility that a new owner would want to get rid of everybody to do the place up and flip it

Ah well, there's bugger all I can do about it. Just have to wait and see how things turn out, I suppose

Comment

You'll be on Homes under the hammer!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Exciting news: the landlord, whoever that actually is, has put the property up for sale at auction in a few weeks

Supposedly it's being sold as a going concern including all existing tenancies. But, of course, there's the distinct possibility that a new owner would want to get rid of everybody to do the place up and flip it

Ah well, there's bugger all I can do about it. Just have to wait and see how things turn out, I suppose

They will have to honour any notice agreements so you'll have a couple of months to sort stuff out. I'd start to look at property availability in the area and going rental rates so if the worst does happen and you have to move, you've got a good idea of your options.

There seems to be a fair bit in the news about landlords selling up because of unreasonable regulations like energy efficiency and the like.

Comment

Working...
                      X