• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still testing negative for the lurgy.

Today was questionnaire day for the vaccine study I'm on so I had to report that I had been near a diseased person but so far have not tested positive. I have to call the study team for further questioning.

Comment

My niece & nephew have got it, which is a particular problem at mo. as they live with my sister who needs a lot of care. Bloody diseases!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Managed to sit in on a couple of meetings, and even contribute some stuff of value to them, so at least some invoicing will be getting done this week

Very up and down though. Just talking for a minute or so is tiring. But anything that shuts me up is probably considered a good thing by everybody else

Lunch has been a bacon cob, and very nice it was too

I've explored the vinegar thing further. The various different kinds of vinegar I have about the place cause the same effect as of sniffing a dangerous chemical. Ketchup seemed OK, even though it contains a lot. And mint sauce was fairly bad, but might be tolerable in small quantities

Oh, and I had enough energy to have a shower, for the first time this week!

Comment

Received a call from the vaccine study. Just a couple of questions about how close I was to the diseased person and whether I had any symptoms and enough LFTs.

I have to test again Friday or Saturday and give them a call if I'm positive. I'm sure they'll be calling me in for lots of tests if I do.

In other news, mail redirection has been set up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I am still testing negative for the lurgy.

Today was questionnaire day for the vaccine study I'm on so I had to report that I had been near a diseased person but so far have not tested positive. I have to call the study team for further questioning.
            Having seen loads of people cautioning that LFTs can give you a negative result after you become symptomatic, even though you're still infectious, I'm starting to get quite annoyed that mine are relentlessly positive five days in. I'll run out of tests before getting a negative one at this rate

Comment

I've managed to add some (possibly) useful info to the two tickets that used to be one ticket but which I suggested splitting in a meeting earlier. I hope that's enough, because I'm now feeling utterly worn out and I'm not doing anything more than slumping in my recliner for the rest of the day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Having seen loads of people cautioning that LFTs can give you a negative result after you become symptomatic, even though you're still infectious, I'm starting to get quite annoyed that mine are relentlessly positive five days in. I'll run out of tests before getting a negative one at this rate
                I have no symptoms at present, fortunately.

My understanding is that LFTs are a reliable indicator if you have a high viral load but at lower levels, you're more likely to get a false negative.

I just have to keep testing until the weekend as that'll be a week after exposure. If I haven't got it by then, it's safe to assume I've dodged it.

Comment

Tea has been a Pukka steak & kidney pie with chips, peas and gravy. Very tasty

No vinegar of course. I keep sniffing the Sarson's bottle just in case things have fixed themselves, but it keeps smelling like something that led to a $100,000,000 legal settlement between a chemicals manufacturer and a bunch of people who had to work with it in the 1970s

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I just have to keep testing until the weekend as that'll be a week after exposure. If I haven't got it by then, it's safe to assume I've dodged it.
                    Best of luck! Hope you managed to dodge it

Comment

Relatively enjoyable day with my dad. Going somewhere a bit nice tomorrow. We’ll see how much he complains.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X