• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EPC chap called and said he was in Greenwich and would arrive at 1720. I said I have to leave no later than 1730 to get across town to an evening class.

He then put my postcode into his satnav and said, oh it now says I'll get to you at 1645. I wonder why that changed.

One suspects that he was hoping for a cheeky tea break.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Isn't it the longest day of the year today?

All downhill from now on...

Yes! Happy Summer Solstice!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        My dad is flying in to visit (supposed to be tomorrow morning, but the flight was cancelled and he rebooked for tonight). Current estimates are a 45 minute delay on the flight, and I'm trying to track back what sector the plane is doing now. At one point I thought it was a 2 hour delay, due to it being stuck in Venice, then Glasgow, but it's a 320, not a 319, so it's delayed somewhere else.

Anyway, it keeps me occupied when I should be working.
        Found out where the plane was. Currently 1hr 15mins delayed on taking off, expected to be a 1 hour delay by the time it lands, then a 45 min delay for the next sector, which means allegedly a 35 min delay by the time he gets here.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been a couple of small roast chicken thighs with a small amount of fries

Sadly, it seems that my sense of smell has become hypersensitive to the aroma of vinegar. This is annoying because I like vinegar, but it's now overpowering even in minimal quantities

Comment

The car earlier was a Fiat 124 Spider. Then, for unknown reasons, the gold diggers were supplanted by opal miners from a couple of years ago. Antiques bloke went to a couple of interesting places.

And whilst dining, one of those pocket-sized episodes of The Repair Shop

A wave of tiredness has now come upon me. But at least it feels more like normal tiredness rather than the "system shutting down" tiredness of the last few nights. And my temperature seems to be coming down properly at last

Goodnight all

Comment

Waiting for dad, then an hour’s drive home

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg.

1010 and a tad mBar, 29.8311889 in Hg, 757.7 Torr, 14.65 psi, (up slightly from 1010 and a hair's breadth last night), 71% RH.

Wednesday.

Another post apocalyptic dream FFS.

Walk (different route: fewer horseflies) walked in the sun (where unavoidable), in the shade otherwise.

In addition it avoided me looking at the parental grave again, which probably did my blood pressure some good.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red nonpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: about five minutes of Y&Y which was all I could tolerate, thereafter more of "The Vitamin Murders" book.

Teapot cleaned. It took 25 minutes. Is there anything that dissolves tannin more quickly? Just askin' like.

Entertainment whilst cleaning teapot: the 7th ep of the J. Edgar "Mary" Hoover thing on R4.

Pollen count seems high today, I had to wash my eyes to relieve the itching.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%

It's too darn hot.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Discovering Ginger Rogers interspersed with Ancient Aliens on Blaze.

Farscape S3 E17 "The Choice": more angst after Crichton's death. (Worry not, the dup still lives).

Wheeler Dealers S15 E23 1973 Toyota Celica. :

Motor Mouth is on hence "mute".

Goodness me, I suppose we all have an English Wheel in our respective garages & the knowledge & skill to use it.

So that's how you replace an aftermarket sunroof. .

I've got a joggler tool thing, except the one I've got is totally mandraulic rather than compressed air. It's never been out of the box.

Sinkholes. The Repair Shop: Radio, Telescope, Elephant.

Looked as if the courier company did a good job on the radio. Spent more time gluing the case back together than showing the electronicky bits.

Thai Cave Rescue. (A Musk free ep). And indeed there was no musky odour at all. Which was good.

Some nonsense on Blaze about Phantom Signals, the usual assortment of booox rounded off with a car fitted with a radar jammer that was totally fecking up the parking lot of a grocery store in Canada. .

Oddly enough the Strangelove Pater's Carina suffered from that problem when the plod started using 418MHz for their radio transmissions.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 June 2022, 22:07.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 27 expected. Barometer at 1015 mBar.

Hectic afternoon / evening yesterday. EPC chap turned up at 1705. He was quick but I still ended up leaving later than I wanted to. Walked up to the High Street to catch the 27 bus to Regent's Park so I could walk down to the top of Regents Street for my Portuguese class. Just about squeezed on. Not a pleasant journey. Only three of us made it to the class. Heading back, the best bus option required me to walk down to Piccadilly so I figured I'd walk towards home and get a bus when I got bored of walking. A nice stroll through St. James's Park was had and I ended up in Victoria wherein I opted to get the C1 bus home.

Comment

Morning all
                    Got home at 1:30 this morning.
                    CBS, etc.
                    A few non-billing days coming up.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, already at 21°C and expected to reach 26° later. Barometers petty steady at 1006/1014mB

Meanwhile, within: my temperature is distinctly down but seems very variable, as does my general state. The thermometer gave me a 37.1° reading, which is as near normal as makes no difference, and I felt better than I have for a while. Still tested positive though. But I decided to join at the end of standup on Teams for the first time this week just to let them know I'm still alive and gradually improving, and might even see about getting some work done. Then I sorted out my work email, which mainly involved checking all the automated alerts for our systems have continued green then getting rid of them, and marking a bunch of other stuff as read.

And after that I felt very tired again, and my temperature was back up to 37.8°. So I'm resting again

Comment

Working...
                      X