• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

great train / tube connections, change at ealing broadway is common, good to see you are evaluating the important stuff like G&Ts. Maybe you will see a cross railbonus?
    Being able to stagger a short distance for a G&T when one's butler is not available is a key requirement.

Yes, there will be a crossrail bonus - the Lizzy Line stops at Ealing Broadway, as does the District and Central lines. Plus normal rail. It's far superior in the connectivity stakes.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup and bloomer toast

I had to speak in a meeting for a couple of minutes this morning, about somebody else's work and at short notice (about thirty minutes). I must have got the right buzzwords in there though, as the head of department spoke highly of whatever it was I said

Comment

Lunch is smoked salmon & cream cheese sandwich on Lidl Low GI bread.
        ...which is one of the finest breads out there.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Lunch is smoked salmon & cream cheese sandwich on Lidl Low GI bread.
          ...which is one of the finest breads out there.
          Ahh but what did you find in the aisle of crap? Those supermarkets are only cheap if you don't go down the middle aisle and buy something useful.

Afternoon!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Ahh but what did you find in the aisle of crap? Those supermarkets are only cheap if you don't go down the middle aisle and buy something useful.

Afternoon!
            I didn't buy anything from the MoL.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I got the Ealing place! The landlady was sunning herself on a beach and so wasn't of a mind to answer the phone in a hurry. Can't blame her really.

Just doing the referencing which is always a challenge because my tax return doesn't look like much compared to the affordability multiple they ask for (2.2 times the annual rent). Here's hoping they also pay attention to the accountant's reference.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I got the Ealing place! The landlady was sunning herself on a beach and so wasn't of a mind to answer the phone in a hurry. Can't blame her really.

Just doing the referencing which is always a challenge because my tax return doesn't look like much compared to the affordability multiple they ask for (2.2 times the annual rent). Here's hoping they also pay attention to the accountant's reference.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Bit warm out there. I reckon I won't bother taking a coat to London tomorrow, given that it's going to be even worse.

And a towel wash was accomplished this afternoon

Comment

Ah, they're carrying on with the Barracuda from yesterday that they decided to take drag racing. Not sure such a boring idea deserves two episodes, TBH

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Ah, they're carrying on with the Barracuda from yesterday that they decided to take drag racing. Not sure such a boring idea deserves two episodes, TBH
                      WNFS.

Completely pointless.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X