• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg.

1014 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi (up from 1010 last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Bunch of scrotes observed outside the Sally Army place.

Overly optimistic beggar on the bridge over the river & A465. I didn't donate.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, marmalade & bramble jelly sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In worse news, the female swan on the canal has been put down since she had a broken wing.

Her partner & the 7 cygnets are still there.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85% (84.6something).

Tea: lamb's liver with onion gravy, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Tim Robbins.

Farscape S2 E22 "Die me, dichotomy": the one where the chip gets extracted & someone "dies". Of course, being SF, dying ain't much of a dying, all in all. Nice to see Toecutter again. .

Wheeler dealers S15 E8: Lotus Elan M100. Oh look it hasn't got an 8 litre V10.

He made an exhaust pipe out of tube. I used to do that though I gas welded it rather than migged it and didn't have a pipe bending machine.

Repair Shoppe: Platinum version: ancient lamp thing, pearly king costume, home made tandem. Pretty meh.

Read book due to extreme ennui.

National Park Mysteries on Blaze: I'm getting very sick of seeing that chap's tonsils in those fecking stupid 888 gambling ads.

These progs explored the Chaco Canyon Anasazi ruins with added skinwalkers & possible timetravellers with the odd mysterious anachronistic metal disc through in, the 2nd exploring disappearances in Yosemite National Park due to time slips and such like, with the odd UFO thrown in for good measure. I liked the pterodactyl sighting.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2022, 22:33.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was sunny earlier, but it's clouding over a bit now. Apparently it'll continue to be variable, but no rain expected. Currently 11°C, possibly soaring to 17° later, and the barometers have rallied somewhat at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy, some grey patches. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 17 later. The earlier risk of rain seems to have abated and the sun might come out this afternoon. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Ye olde jalopy has been dropped off for its MOT and service. Just enough battery juice to get it there, the garage will have to jump start it to get it on the ramp. They said they will fully charge it for me while they have it and I've asked for a quick check of the alternator, just in case.

No viewings today. Feeling a bit down in the dumps about my hovel-finding prospects following my starting of the clear out yesterday but I'm sure I'll snap out of it.

Comment

Morning all
          A touch overcast, but dry
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The scaffolding is definitely coming down. The top couple of floors are clear. The caretaker reckons if it weren't for the bank holidays it would be done this week.

Comment

Lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

It's raining, but I need to go to the pharmacy after this departmental meeting is over so I'm hoping it stops soon. In the meantime, I'm fortifying myself by having some ginger nuts with my afternoon coffee

Comment

Popped to the pharmacy, it now being sunny again. Unfortunately, I got there at the same time as the adjacent health centre's GPs were dishing out prescriptions to all comers, so the queue was ridiculous

Comment

Today is the first anniversary of us getting the keys to our home.

Going out for dinner later to celebrate.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

This was a top-up walk, as a chunk of time had already been gained form going for my prescription earlier

Comment

Just watched Mr Jones with James Norton who broke the Ukraine famine story in the 30s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Hadn't realised that his journalism was what inspired George Orwell to write animal farm.

well worth a watch.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X