• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm quite tired, so I'll get into detail about the films tomorrow if that's all the same
    First up was one I last saw in either the 1980s or maybe even the 1970s, to wit, Neil Simon's Barefoot in the Park (1967). It holds up very well for its age; there was the odd joke or situation that might make you think "That's a bit clichéd" but then you realise it's only a cliché because Simon came up with it first and it's since been stolen by many other, lesser writers. Very enjoyable

And then a major motion picture premiere: Mississippi Burning (1988) which I've been meaning to watch for ages but somehow never got around to until now. Very good indeed, though the racists of the Deep South are never going to make for an easy watch

Comment

I had some bacon in the fridge that was on its use-by date, so I did what had to be done: a sausage and bacon baguette, with red sauce

Comment

My little storage space has loads of room in it for more tat, which is good. They don't have a bin for me to dispose of the surplus packing, which is a shame but not unexpected. I carried a couple of bits home with me as I will want them for protecting the items that came in them.

The afternoon has been spent flat hunting. Lots of letting agents don't use On The Market, Rightmove or Zoopla so I'm having to trawl through individual agent websites in the hope they have something.

Fed up now of looking. Will leave it for a couple of days and see what else turns up.

Nice sunny afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          My little storage space has loads of room in it for more tat, which is good. They don't have a bin for me to dispose of the surplus packing, which is a shame but not unexpected. I carried a couple of bits home with me as I will want them for protecting the items that came in them.

The afternoon has been spent flat hunting. Lots of letting agents don't use On The Market, Rightmove or Zoopla so I'm having to trawl through individual agent websites in the hope they have something.

Fed up now of looking. Will leave it for a couple of days and see what else turns up.

Nice sunny afternoon.
          Openrent?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Openrent?
            They advertise on one of the platform as I've seen a few. By the time I've filtered for bedrooms, unfurnished and price there's nowt left.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They advertise on one of the platform as I've seen a few. By the time I've filtered for bedrooms, unfurnished and price there's nowt left.

some of those properties will be on openrent.co.uk and nowhere else.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

some of those properties will be on openrent.co.uk and nowhere else.
                Ah! Ok, will take a closer look. Thanks!

Comment

Not in the Chinese

Comment

Tea has been a rather nice sausage and onion casserole, with chips and peas

Comment

In a bid to empty the freezer I've dug out chicken carcases and whatnot in an attempt at making a chicken stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X