• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Om.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Most of the grass is cut, now TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Chariots of fire are on my way Chariots of fire are the best...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The car was a Mini Copper S, one of a limited edition apparently. It's the newfangled Mini, but apparently even they can be considered old nowadays?

And whilst dining, a new episode of Traffic Cops

Either side of that, I read more of the book about the South Sea Bubble

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Raining out.

TFIF, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day with a light drizzle at the moment, which will likely continue throughout

Currently 13°C but this may soar as high as 16° later, and the barometers are barely changed at 1010/1018mB.

I went down to check on the recycling bin. The general waste bins had just been done, much earlier than usual, and indeed the wagon was still visible further up the side road. And an advance scout from the recycling party was getting all the relevant bins and bags lined up at the side of the road, to the inconvenience of anybody hoping to park up and quickly nip into Iceland; but there's no sign of the wagon yet. So I came back in

With a new blade and a steady hand to navigate the minefield of scabbing blisters, I managed to have a shave today for the first time this week. It's still not exactly pleasant to run my hand over my chin like in the adverts though, given that it just encounters that widespread cluster of blistering sores

Comment

Ventured out the back again and the recycling wagon had been, like a thief in the night. So the bin is safely corralled in the back yard again for another week

My Sainsbury's order is due between 20:52 and 21:52 tonight. I'm hoping they make the earlier part of that range, as then dinner won't be too late. I suppose I could have it earlier and avoid the risk of interruption, but I quite fancied something that's in the order

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The car was a Mini Copper S, one of a limited edition apparently. It's the newfangled Mini, but apparently even they can be considered old nowadays?
                  Who knew that supercharger oil is $100 for 100ml?

Other than that it did seem to come to bits in a rather more logical way than the previous iterations. Hasn't even got that little rubber bypass hose between the head & the block.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool at 18 deg.

1014.5 mBar, 29.958 in Hg, 960.94 Torr, 14.714 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 74% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Entertainment: Desert Island Discs, feck me I didn't like any of those. .

Ep 5 of the Oxycontin thing that followed DID at 09:45: or how be drug dealers without joining the Mafia or the Mexican cartels.

I think I'll stick with the paracetamol and ibuprofen, thanks all the same. .

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chilly semigale and grey gloom.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Entertainment: Archive Hour: Progress.

TWAO.

Deep fake thing: bring out your undead dead. Or something.

Would have helped if I'd put the roller towel & tea towels in with the cottons whilst I was doing it, however the discomfort of carting the washing basket out to the salting house somehow took my mind off it. That's my theory & I'm sticking to it. .

They'll be done soon: in the WM, out of the WM, into the TD, out of the TD & the tea towels duly iRoned.

Freecell score: from a low of 50% finally crawled up to 73% at which point it was time to make tea.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Bruce Willis. Yippee ki yay mother****er.

Farscape S2 E13 "Look at the princess part three - The Maltese Crichton". The enstatued Crichton is decapitated, recapitated, unstatued, and with one bound there were free.

"Pink Floyd: Video killed the radio star" on Sky Arts.

Weatherman walking: Nant y arian to Devil's Bridge.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 May 2022, 18:38.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Zen Chury

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast this morning. Looks like some spots of rain trying to get through the scaffolding (yes, it's still there). Currently 14 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Rain forecast for much of the day it would seem. Barometer up a tiny bit to 1018 mBar.

Waiting to hear back on three jobs, including the one I was supposed to start on Monday. Also need to nag many letting agents who don't respond when you send enquiries in to view properties.

Bed has been stripped and the first load of linen is in the WM.

Comment

Working...
                      X