• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was the rest of the pâté with seedy bloomer toast

Still very up and down at the moment. I'm feeling a little run down as a baseline, which is understandable, but from time to time I hit a real slump. Doesn't usually last long though

Comment

1972 Datsun 510 on the telly

Comment

I was in two minds about whether to go for my walk. When I went to the pharmacy yesterday, I started out as usual thinking "Ah, I'm fine" and by the other end of the side road, I was "Umm, I think I need to take this a bit slower" and did so. I'm not feeling much better today in terms of stamina, so maybe a couple of miles isn't such a good idea, even if there is just time before the forecast rain is supposed to start? On the other hand, maybe it would do me good, and I could go the alternative route that has lots of options for doubling back if I need to cut it short?

And then I had a look at myself in the mirror and… no, the world is not yet prepared for that. I'm not a particularly vain person, but the way the larger lesions on my face have started to scab over, I'm just going to frighten children and animals if I go parading around the suburbs

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I was in two minds about whether to go for my walk. When I went to the pharmacy yesterday, I started out as usual thinking "Ah, I'm fine" and by the other end of the side road, I was "Umm, I think I need to take this a bit slower" and did so. I'm not feeling much better today in terms of stamina, so maybe a couple of miles isn't such a good idea, even if there is just time before the forecast rain is supposed to start? On the other hand, maybe it would do me good, and I could go the alternative route that has lots of options for doubling back if I need to cut it short?

And then I had a look at myself in the mirror and… no, the world is not yet prepared for that. I'm not a particularly vain person, but the way the larger lesions on my face have started to scab over, I'm just going to frighten children and animals if I go parading around the suburbs
          Click image for larger version

Name:	leper-sick.gif
Views:	76
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	4217951
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I feel sure that small bells are available for such onstreet parading whilst enzitted.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	leper-sick.gif
Views:	76
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	4217951
              That's about the size of it

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I feel sure that small bells are available for such onstreet parading whilst enzitted.
              I could probably do with an air horn then

It's absolutely teeming down out there now, so even if I still nurtured thoughts of perambulating, it isn't happening

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas, and was absolutely delicious

Accompanied by a bit of Police Interceptors that I didn't finish last week

Next up: Trucking Hell

Comment

Ents has been a continuation of catching up from holiday mostly in the form of the final three episodes of MasterChef. I knew who won it but that's less important than the how.

I also listened to a lot of stuff I subscribe to on BBC sounds. Silly things like The Unbelievable Truth and Just A Minute. I've bookmarked a short series on insects that's due to air next week in the afternoons but is already available for those who turn R4 off when The Archers comes on.

Dinner was an attempt at using a tonkotsu broth I'd bought with udon noodles, mushrooms, kale and some left over roast chicken. It was nice enough once I'd added some spice and garlic to it.

Comment

Two episode of Trucking Hell as it turned out, including a chap from Crouch Recovery dealing with a lorry which had struck the low railway bridge just outside Aylestone near the Blaby Bypass

And there's a lot of lightning happening towards the southeast (in the direction of said bridge, but some miles further away than that according to the lightning map website), which was lighting up the sky very nicely with lots of flickering from time to time. It may be going to get closer, which would be nice as we've not had a thunderstorm in a while

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Nice Mod century there Nick.

A bit murky today, with a lot of mist in the valleys, and our water butts are all full.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X