• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

I didn't quite finish it, as my appetite doesn't seem to be completely back to normal yet. Then again, I slightly cocked up weighing the rice and made more than I usually have. Anyway, I haven't had a proper meal since Friday, so getting almost all if it down is an improvement

Comment

^^ glad to hear you're on the mend, doesn't sound like hayfever though

Ents was catching up on Saturday's Eurovision final. It were quite good all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        ^^ glad to hear you're on the mend, doesn't sound like hayfever though
        No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't

Telly tonight featured some Opel as the car, and then the gold diggers but it was only a clip show to fill a day off in the Italian cycling, which returns tomorrow. The antiques chap was largely ignored in favour of the kitchen, followed by more gold digging (being the new series), and then those two American brothers who dress as cowboys and venture upon what seem to be the most haphazard and disorganised treasure hunts ever seen. I assume if they ever actually found any, the series would come to an abrupt end, possibly halfway through a programme; but there doesn't seem much chance of that happening

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, with an opening score of 14°C and 23° expected later, though with a chance of showers this evening. Barometers are bouncing back sharply at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning all
            Blue skies with some light high-level cloud. Quite pleasant.

Oh, and here's the house for the homeless that I've been building...

It stands on an old one box, supported by what looks like giant corkscrews.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

To add to the fun of the lurgy, since Sunday I've been developing a blistering rash which has now spread to multiple areas of my body and is irritating as feck; I hardly got any sleep last night for the itching

I was up betimes so I could phone NHS 111, who ended up recommending I see my GP. At least they don't seem to think it's encephalitis, which often presents with fever, headache, joint pain, and a blistering rash, as then they would have been telling me to get to A&E sharpish

Anyway, I double-checked the time the surgery opens, and phoned bang on the dot of 8am, though without much hope; and to my surprise I got an appointment for 10:30 this morning <- me trying to reach round and scratch the small of my back

Comment

^^^ Monkey pox alert! Monkey pox alert!

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cool at 18.4 deg in here.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.44 Torr, 14.685 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 73% RH.

Tuesday.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85% (84.545%).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

TV Times purchased.

Looks like a member of the local Taffia has popped whatever clogs they had judging by the number of brand new black SUVs following the hearse up to the cemetery just now.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y about flexible working until it got too irritating to continue: Septic manager chap couldn't believe that there are regs about "vacation time".

Apparently to minimise inconvenience he shuts whatever he's running in Scotland for 6 weeks so everyone can take their hols at the same time.

Sounds lovely & flexible.

Back in the day, 3M used to have stop fortnight at the beginning of August where all the hourly paid were off whilst the engineering staff pulled the plant to bits & rebuilt it.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%. .

Shopping trip to Wilko & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

"The back(tm)" seems to have survived the stress & strain thereof so far.

In other news, the rain arrived when I was a mere 150 yds from home on the way back which was good.

It's now dark, dreary, wet, sunless & looks like November out there. Snow expected.

Entertainment: Discovering Sir Ian McKellen.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E10 "My three Crichtons". The replicator one.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E14 1972 Lancia Fulvia. Only exists because it's in California.

FBI S1 E13 "Partners in Crime". Amusing enough in its usual mindless way.

5 minutes of The Repair shop: the one with the doll, the toy boat and the gramaphone, having seen the oik doing the gramaphone "repair" discovered I'd watched it before.

5 minutes of some poor bugger on BBC4's encounter with melanoma, on his heel ffs.

Alias S2 E9 "Passage Part Deux" wherein, as per usual, with one bound they were free. And other stuff. And suitcase nukes. And a Rambaldi device (yet another one, this one an eternal life machine powered by cores from said nukes, all 6 of them).

5 minutes of the previously mentioned sufferer with melanoma. Turned out that a fellow sufferer didn't make it.

Sounds like the 10 minutes I watched were more than enough.

Someone pointed out this morning that it's now 10 days short of 3 years since I "retired".

It must be said that the past 2 years have been less than a barrel of larfs, the first 6 months were reasonable enough though.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2022, 22:22.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

At the doctor’s

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with bits of fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 26 later (taps app, makes sure it's not stuck in Barcelona). Rain expected this evening. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Busy morning where I put away the laundry that was dry, spoke to a couple of agents, did my April accounts.

Some of the flats I wanted to look at are not available (but not marked as such on the various sites) and I'm still waiting to hear about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      ^^^ Monkey pox alert! Monkey pox alert!
                      Close: she reckons it could be shingles

She admitted it's not quite a normal presentation, being widely distributed rather than clustering, but decided she'll start me on shingles meds and we'll see how it goes

And then she gave me a list of things that might happen and, if any of them do, I need to get up to A&E immediately

Comment

Working...
                      X