• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the shopping was put away, the mundane laundry went on because I'd been meaning to do it all day and hadn't

And with that done and draped, it was finally time for tea: sausages, chips and beans, and very nice too

I'm feeling a bit under the weather this evening. Bit of a headache that comes and goes, sometimes feeling like it's accompanied by a temperature; even a touch of light-headedness now and again. I suspect the plants of launching an assault, as the candles on the chestnut tree are blooming at the moment, it's been a warm and dry day, and I had the bedroom window and door open all day which would let any pollen that got in drift through the flat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      After the shopping was put away, the mundane laundry went on because I'd been meaning to do it all day and hadn't

And with that done and draped, it was finally time for tea: sausages, chips and beans, and very nice too

I'm feeling a bit under the weather this evening. Bit of a headache that comes and goes, sometimes feeling like it's accompanied by a temperature; even a touch of light-headedness now and again. I suspect the plants of launching an assault, as the candles on the chestnut tree are blooming at the moment, it's been a warm and dry day, and I had the bedroom window and door open all day which would let any pollen that got in drift through the flat
      Various mutterings on the weather prognosticators about high pollen levels tomorrow.

Maybe it's early around you.

My "hayfever" played up a little this morning, a few minutes prior to my back taking my mind off my allergies. .
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Various mutterings on the weather prognosticators about high pollen levels tomorrow.

Maybe it's early around you.

My "hayfever" played up a little this morning, a few minutes prior to my back taking my mind off my allergies. .
        I suspect the adjacency to the chestnut trees doesn't help

But I do like having them there

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Dante's Peak (1997) which is one of those disaster movies from the end of the time when they followed the studio formula for disaster movies. Once realistic effects for catastrophes were possible, the storylines started to become subservient to them. But this is from the time when they had to have a dog that runs away and then gets rescued in perilous circumstances, and all that bollocks

Not that that's the only cliché in there, but I thought they did a good job of just slotting the dog-related bulltulip into a couple of minutes here and there and otherwise forgetting about the damn creature.

And all credit to the children who were able to be so cheerful just after watching their grandmother die because her lower limbs had been eaten away by a lake that had turned into acid (yeah, spoiler alert, whatever). Maybe they loved the dog more

It is one of those films where you assume they put more effort into making sure the bar-room scenes correctly followed the rules of pool than making sure the scientific scenes followed the laws of any science whatsoever. But that's the 1990s for you

And then a rewatch of Green Zone (2010) which does a good job of explaining the lies around the invasion of Iraq.

Finally, do I dare watch the second series of that Cobra nonsense? Yes, it seems, and I've never seen such a pile of old bollocks in my life. I don't have the words for how bad this is

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 25 expected.

We arrived in Barcelona early this morning. Breakfast has been had and we're now getting ready to leave the boat. Our check out time is in about 30 minutes.

There was a power cut on our way back from breakfast which meant we had to take the stairs from deck 7 up to our cabin on deck 15. Although it all seems to be resolved, I was pleased we'd opted for our luggage to be collected yesterday evening as I didn't fancy carrying my suitcase down to deck 6.

Comment

Morning.

Slept quite well considering, without the usual up with the larks.

Getting dressed had its own amusements, beining bereft of flexibility at the moment. .

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 17 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1017 whenever I tapped the thing last), 73% RH.

Saturday.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: dire.

Visit from an ex colleague which was nice.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens: Skinwalker Ranch.

Ancient Aliens: Chillean UFOs. The truth is out there. That Derek von wotsit was in this one.

Ancient Aliens: Stone Giants, the wonders of stone, quartz, quartz memories.

Freecell score: managed evenually to get it up to 86% then gave up.

Alias S2 E5 "Indicator". The results of Jack's perfidy.

Alias S2 E6 "Salvation". With one bound Jack was free, thanks to Sydney.

Alias S2 E7 "The counter agent". Vaughn's got the bug.

Alias S2 E8 "Passage Part One". And off to Kashmir we go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2022, 22:36.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny day out, currently 22°C and the barometers are up a little at 1011/1019mB

Comment

A very nice lunch was had and now HWMBO and I are chilling in the rooftop bar of our hotel before we go to get ready for dinner. Michelin starred dining for us this evening!

Comment

Still feeling very under the weather

I was wondering if I've actually contracted some kind of lurgy. But then I remembered that exactly the same thing has happened in previous years around this time

Comment

Hmm. Just Googling a local farm in the National Garden Scheme that I want to visit with loony lady 1 tomorrow and it displayed at top "Some results may be explicit". Didn't find anything interesting on the page. Bah!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X