• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Later viewing has been part two of the House of Maxwell thing. The family didn't improve in any noticeable way once the Bouncing Czech was dead, it seems

Goodnight all
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. .
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies with a few high clouds. Was chilly on our walk earlier (4.8oC), but I suspect it's going to be another warm one.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 15 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1021 last night), 70% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Lunch: poached tomato (fresh from Tesco) with scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y whining on about airport car parking scams etc. Oh and some difficulty dealing with fasting all day.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the afternoon sunshine and rather cold wind.

Spring cleaning as much of the front room "office" as is reachable without vast effort.

Entertainment: Discovering Tommy Lee Jones.

Tea: Tesco lamb's liver with onion gravy (quite the worst I've ever made since the heat on the ring was far too high resulting in lumps the like of which I've rarely seen, necessitating the straining thereof (before the onions went in)), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

With a couple of chunks of Jamaican ginger cake. Yum.

Entertainment: Farscape S1 E18 "A bug's life". The intelligent alien virus one.

Some bollox about ancient Egyptian curses on 5Select. .
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2022, 19:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and a mere 7°C with no better than 11° on the cards. Barometers continue upwards though, at 1021/1029mB

Quite a good night's sleep was had; I vaguely remember some dreams that were intriguing without being perturbing, but have no memory of what they were actually about

Comment

Morning all

A bit dull and overcast today. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 13 expected. Barometer is at 1026 mBar.

Leapt out of bed with a start this morning when I suddenly realised I didn't have a gentle stroll across the flat to my office, but instead a 20 minute walk to the Chelsea and Westminster hospital. HWMBO made me a coffee while I made myself presentable to the outside world.

I have signed up for a Moderna vaccine trial (testing to see if further jabs are worth the effort) and after successfully proving to not be pregnant, I was given a top of 5G nanobots, or a placebo.

Comment

Lunch: some leftover beef chow mein, quickly re-stir-fried with a dollop of soy sauce. Very tasty, even if there wasn't very much of it

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A bit cooler out there than I expected, but a burst of speed up the "hill" helped me warm up enough to withstand it

Comment

Tea: homemade steak & ale pie, with chips, peas and gravy. Very, very nice. This was steak & ale that I made a while ago and froze, so I can't quite remember which ale it was, but I reckon that time was Hobgoblin

Comment

Spent part of this evening planning the roof for the migrant house I am building in our garden. I don’t expect it to be habitable until next February/March, but at least I’m doing my bit.
                    Also found out that a lady who lives up the lane from us has put her house on the market. Considerably smaller than ours with less than half the land, but for the same price that ours went on at 13 months ago.

Now TFBSZ.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The motor car earlier was a 1916… something American beginning with C? Cadillac, or Chevrolet, I think. Anyway, it was in bits and they made a big thing of how they were going to rebuild it and take it on the Peking-Paris Rally (I think it was) and in the end… they didn't, because they couldn't get it sorted in time despite spending over $100,000. Bit of a damp squib, really

Then the usual gold stuff, and once again antiques bloke happened while I was in the kitchen.

Whilst dining, I watched a 24 Hours in A&E from pre-pandemic times that I hadn't seen before

And lastly, the third and final part of Edgar Allen Poe's The Fall of the House of Maxwell. Nice to see one of them getting some actual jail time; maybe they should do The Cask of Amontillado next and brick her up in the cellar

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X