• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with a thick crust of wholemeal and a slice of multiseed

Comment

Mundane laundry done and draped

Comment

Just popped out the back with my Bosch battery-powered saw and put paid to the buddleia's attempts to grow through the paving where the cars are parked, again

Comment

Evening all

It's been a sunny and humid yet cloudy kind of day with a high of 16 degrees.

Busy day. Poor sleep, awake off and on and fully awake far too early.

I went to the hairdresser at 0930 to have the greys covered up then went on a fruitless hunt for a smart jacket along the high street.

HWMBO met me for an early brunch after which we started to stroll home via another pub. It was at this pub that I decided a trip to Westfield at White City was a good idea (still hoping to find that jacket). We walked towards a bus stop just as the desired bus passed us by. With a pub over the road we stopped for another drink outside so we could keep an eye on approaching busses and watched a further 2 or 3 pass by before we finished our beverages and travelled to the hallowed halls of Westfield.

No jacket was forthcoming as I hate shopping and almost immediately regretted such a foolish endeavour. We paused for refreshments after which we caught the bus towards home.

On arrival back on Kensington High Street, we paused at another bar for more refreshments and then finally made it home.

Off to Monaco tomorrow.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice too

I also set off early and went the long way round, so: walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

Comment

After a bit of shopping, including a new wet fish shop, a new farm shop and 2 new garden centres, then an afternoon of gardening, it’s TFBSZ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Enemy of the State (1998) which I thought was a jolly good thriller

And then one that maybe isn't a full-on premiere, because I've caught bits of the final half-hour or so when it was on C4 in the early 2000s (which, I am given to understand, was twenty years ago), but which I've never seen from the beginning until now: The Fifth Element (1997). I have to say, I'm not sure Luc Besson is any good at the science fiction stuff; that Valerian thing has never worked for me, and I found a lot of this very clunky. But overall, I enjoyed it; well, parts of it. Bit of a curate's egg

Lots of his other stuff, like Nikita or Leon, is very good. But I think maybe he should stay away from anything that needs the makeup department to put latex on people's foreheads

And then S1E2 of the thing on Apple TV+ about WeWork, WeCrashed: Masha Masha Masha (TV Episode 2022). I'm still not quite sure if these people are worse or less bad or just as bad as Elizabeth Holmes from Theranos; but under no circumstances could the term "better" be applied to them, because that would imply there might be something good about them, and they are irredeemably terrible

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder in here at 15.4 deg.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 71% RH.

Sunday judging by the output of the wireless earlier.

Yesterday evening I spent some time reading posts from September 2018, this being where I end up after making a new post.

Turns out that was when I was busily moving from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde and rebuilding the lab & my office, this last being, as it turns out, a complete & utter waste of time & effort. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unexpectedly warm sunshine.

Could have left a layer off to some advantage.

Lunch: Morrisons "Best of" cumberland sausages (reduced) with onion gravy, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The unbelievable truth, The food programme, TWTW.

Freecell score: 79%, running average 84.4%.

Tea: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Westerns on Sky Arts: "Once upon a time in the west (1969)" was number one.

Freecell score: 96%, running average 84.4%.

Alias S1 E22 "Almost 30 years": commentary thereon which appeared to have all the leads.

Am Dro (repeat of the beaches one).

Alias S2 E1 "The enemy walks in": Some people have mother issues.

"Nude nuns with big guns (2010)". Sounds promising. . Then again it's got a score of 3.9 so maybe not. .
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 April 2022, 21:43.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

some rain overnight, which the garden will appreciate.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X