• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed; and as the blue ring was already closed, that's the three-ring circus done for the day

And today's route was modified from the usual to take in the slightly trendier chip shop that's a bit further away but very good, so tea has been the traditional Good Friday one of fish & chips

I ordered on their web site (told you they were trendy) but I'd overestimated how long it would take me to get there, so I was in danger of arriving before the pickup time I'd selected. So I added a bit to the walk, which took me along a bit of pavement by a main road that I may possibly never have walked on before, it being one of those liminal stretches of road that was created by bulldozing a path at a strange angle through a Victorian terraced neighbourhood, with the result that no premises actually face on to the road and it can't be accessed easily from the back gates of those houses that are near it.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture premiere was Anna (2019) which is one of those hot-girl-is-also-deadly-assassin-spy-girl things. I think we have enough of those now? Also, Luc Besson, who made this one, already made one? And that one was better?

Still, it's pretty good for what it is, I suppose

Next premiere was A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019), and there's never been a film like this before, and there'll never be another one. It's the (based on a) true story of a cynical investigative journalist being assigned to write a profile of the children's entertainer Mister Rogers, who was deeply beloved of generations of American children, particularly those who had few other sources of hope to cling to in their lives. This is a wonderful, beautiful film. It brought me to tears numerous times, and thinking back to it as I type this has brought me to tears again. Fred Rogers was a unique and special man

And then a rewatch of a film I haven't seen since it was on telly in the 1990s, Pretty Woman (1990). I thought it was good fun back then, I thought the same now

Apparently it's only Free With Prime for four more days, so hurry while stocks last, I guess

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Watched the Beautiful Day dvd some months ago. Distinct lack of weapons though. .

On the other hand, the "Anna" dvd has resided unwatched since I bought it months ago.

Discovered last night how much water is held in an apple: enough to leak out over the counter top and drip down & saturate the new copy of the TV Times residing in its usual place.

Just as well I detected the unusually strong pong of apple when I did.

As Wonky Apples go that one was definitely very wonky indeed.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmish side of not so chilly at 15.5 deg in here. :sweat:.

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (up from 1025 last night), 71% RH.

Saturday.

Oddly, it's a BH and there's no torrential rain: the weather's borked again (or it's The End Times) .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Phew wot a scorcher.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Now Show until its ineffable tedium became too much resulting in <click>

And with that it's back to the 1940s with "laundry stripping":

https://news.yahoo.com/cleaning-expe...184900116.html

Wish my gran hadn't got rid of the old washing copper that was in the scullery, it would have come in handy, like. .

Entertainment: Freecell: 84% (of 32), running average 84%.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: I'm sure there's some bollox or other on Blaze that'll irritate the tulipe out of me before meeting <click>

Oh yessss! "The Last Pope?". i.e. wot it says on the tin. Currently the Fatima vision.

I thought it a more acceptable option to the joys of finding out about the tumbu fly and its talents for infestations.

Another damn good reason to avoid Africa IMHO. .

Well there's a thing.

Next up: Siege of Masada on Smithsonian.

The last 10 minutes of Alias S1 E18 "Masquerade".

Alias S1 E19 "Snowman": wherein Sydney offs someone close.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. .

I don't seem to be getting through Alias particularly quickly for some reason.

It jusst seems a bit meh.

Then again, everything seems a bit meh at the moment, so maybe it's just generalised ennui.

Or the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

Or something.

The pages of The TV Times seem to be stuck together quite firmly with that rancid apple juice.

Who needs gorilla glue?

Just askin' like.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2022, 22:08.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You still buy the TV times? Maybe I'm not the oldest old fart on CUK.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

It's another blue sky day. Currently 14 degrees (and 'hazy' but not where I am) with a high of 20 expected. Barometer is up to 1029 mBar.

Working - but it's easy enough stuff. Uploading evidence files and filling in a template report for each of the data migrations we've done.

Waiting on Waitrose to arrive and I also need to do some laundry.

Comment

Waitrose are late!

EDIT: turns out, they're not. I got it into my head that delivery was between 10am and 11am but it seems I booked between 11am and 12pm.

EDIT2: Waitrose have just called to say that the driver is running between 30 and 50 minutes late. I shall now put my earlier statement down to psychic ability and will buy a lottery ticket.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 16 April 2022, 11:00.

Comment

Afternoon all 18oC out, slow start to the day but about to go for a walk and then get back to gardening.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon!

So this morning I went to one of the Homebases left in the wider area. The gardening section was full of people scratching their heads then grabbing some bags of compost. I indulged.

They had random items reduced like single beds and wall clocks.

I then popped over to the Sainsburys next to it for some bread. They had lots of Easter eggs and hot cross buns but most people were buying normal food.

The roads were empty but the local parks were getting busy.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another Simpsonesque day, though the breeze is a bit stronger. Currently 20°C heading for 22°, and the barometers are slightly up at 1021/1029mB

Breakfast is the remaining two hot cross buns

And a new series of Monkey Life starts at three!

Comment

Working...
                      X