• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meetings....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread. Very tasty

That's the last of that but the Big Chicken awaits. I'll have to decide which soup to make with it, but I may well go for more of that

Comment

Lunch left over chilli

Phoned pinged and I started laughing.

Now for a meeting....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Few meetings but lots of stuff. Prep for the final data migration before we close the project down and all that jazz.

But I did find time to book a holiday.

Comment

The walk was briskly walked earlier and the green ring closed

I managed to get some actual work done, but just as I was thinking I'd be able to get it wrapped up today… surprise meeting!

Didn't take too long, but just enough that there wasn't much point trying to get things finished

Comment

Watched the latest episode of The Repair Shop which, contrary to the summary blurb, was a repeat of a selection of items I'd seen before.

Now watching this month's The Sky at Night.

Comment

Tea has been the remaining leg, wing and skin (with a little bit of breast) from the Big Chicken, reheated in the oven, and served up with chips and ketchup. Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Watched the latest episode of The Repair Shop which, contrary to the summary blurb, was a repeat of a selection of items I'd seen before.
                  Those clip shows are getting everywhere

Comment

Talking of repeats, I haven't watched any Curse of Oak Island for a while so decided to see if they're still digging up dirt, bits of wood, ox shoes and the like whilst remaining convinced the next shovel will reveal the Arc of the Covenant, Marie Antoinette's jewels, the lost works of Shakespeare and Templar treasure chests.

Comment

On the telly here early evening, the car was a… Corvette, is it? The one about which Ralph Nader wrote Unsafe at Any Speed, which they kept disputing, though I thought their point was rather undermined by having to fit a huge aftermarket metal bar across the suspension to make it drivable. And the gold diggers, and the antiques bloke, who went to some quite nice places in Scotland.

Dinner was accompanied by C5's Submarine which is the same as their warship programme but, as should be clear from the title, on a submarine.

And finally, The Dropout S1E5, Flower of Life (TV Episode 2022) in which Holmes and Theranos continue to behave in a thoroughly reprehensible manner.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X