• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6oC here, and TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ents has been watching cooking shows and being judgemental while eating Korean takeaway.

Comment

Early evening telly: the car was an old French van, and the gold diggers had their usual varying degrees of success, and the antiques blok went to some fairly interesting places but I wasn't really paying attention as I was sorting out my roast dinner. And then Trucking Hell as previously mentioned.

And lastly, The Dropout S1E2, Satori (TV Episode 2022) - this being the thing based on the story of Theranos and their dodgy blood testing thing. Stephen Fry turns up in this one as an aged biochemist

The rest of the snow has apparently been cancelled, and the rain we were supposed to get tomorrow has been downgraded to a 30% chance of a shower around lunchtime

Goodnight all

Comment

The rain yesterday evening, along with a stiff breeze, has really cleared the air this morning. Currently 1.5oC, clear blue skies but cold in the wind.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful start to the day. Clear blue skies! Chilly at 1 degree ('feels like' -2) with a high of 6 expected. A shower is forecast mid morning after which it's expected to remain sunny for the rest of the day.

Solar noon is at 13:22

The "at a glance" weather feature has returned to my phone overnight. What on earth are Google playing at? I never switched it off or acknowledged any system updates.

Comment

Morning.

Sunny.

Damp.

CBS.

Cold in here at 13.6 deg.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.65 psi (up from 1007 last night), 69% RH.

Thursday.

In other news, I noticed yesterday that "Pick+1" channel seems to have disappeared.

Which is irritating.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & perishing cold wind.

It's two overcoats colder than the day before yesterday.

I'd have been wise if I'd had another layer on, as it was the scarf and the gloves remained in place for the duration.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the sinkhole in the rugby field in Nantyglo: "10 feet deep" originally, turns out to be 70m deep, a shaft of the long gone (90 years) and forgotten Cokeyard Colliery apparently.

At least this one was capped with bits of what look like old railway line, unlike the Skewen one which seemed to be capped with nothing much despite having a road & pavement on top of it.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Tea: more of the fiery but juicy chilli con carne with rice, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Maggie Smith, or Miss Jean Brodie in her prime. .

I noted in passing that the WheelerDealer thing is the one about the VW Corrado, which I've watched previously.

The inneresting bit was the insides of the antilocking braking thingie.

And the vast expense of a new one if the old one was unfixable.

That's the thing about cars these days, it's not so much the rust as the unfixable and extortionately expensive electronic gubbins that write them off.

Trucking Hell S5 E18.

More Alias S1 E14 "The Coup". Look out chickens.

Next door are away so numpty is looking after the cat.

Feck me, I thought my house was untidy but feck a duck, it's got nothing on next door which is untidy and dirty with it.

Surely someone must wash a plate or mug now & again?

Can I volunteer it for the Filthy House SOS thing does the congregation think?

I've just fixed the latch on the back door which only needed a 4mm machine screw to hold the little brass bit on. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2022, 19:55.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Snow!

Apparently, despite its cancellation, it decided to show up after all. Just a thin covering, and only settling on the usual roofs and other susceptible spots. But it's still falling from time to time now, if very lightly

It's currently 1°C and, as you might expect, cloudy. It'll be 6° later, when the snow will turn to rain but still just occasional showers, probably. Barometers slightly up at 1003/1011mB

Comment

There seem to be quite a lot of meetings again today

Lunch has been a sausage roll

The weather has been very variable: snow, turning to rain, turning back to snow, then suddenly a sunny spell, then back to the beginning again. But I think we're now into sunny spells for the rest of the day

I need to pop out to collect the usual prescription and, if they have any, my last chance lateral flow tests. But first… another meeting

Comment

I took advantage of a gap between meetings to scuttle up to the pharmacy and collect the monthly prescription. Doesn't close the green ring, so I'll have to go out again later

BUT… I got their very last pack of free NHS lateral flow tests!

Comment

The recycling has been sorted out and taken down, and the bin trundled

I'd forgotten there was still some of the box cardboard from the new chair in there. That means tomorrow is a week since getting the chair, and I have to say it's really helped - now I think about it, various aches and pains I was feeling by the end of the day just aren't happening any more

Comment

Working...
                      X