• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: steak & kidney Pukka Pie, with chips, peas and gravy. Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Er, the point is the edits appear to be in there but they're not showing in the post.

IIRC I managed to make it do this once before.

It's a talent.

Or something.
      That's an extremely strange one. I have no idea what's going on there

I'll have a look when I can

Comment

Usual stuff on the telly tonight: the car people had an Alfasud, though I only caught the last half of that. Gold diggers dug gold if they could find any, which they mostly couldn't. The antiques bloke bought antiques, though he went to some quite interesting places for them this time rather than just other shops. And then there were the people who change normal cars to electric ones, doing a 1970s (I think) British thing made out of fibreglass; it had a double-barrelled name, and apparently only about a hundred of them were ever made.

And then another new episode of The Repair Shop, including a rather clever doll that's also a book

Before going out to the post and the shops I took down the recycling and trundled forth the bin, so it's time for an early night so I can get it back again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It was 3°C when I set off at about 7:10am, and 6° when I got back. Now 8° with 17° promised for later; and generally shaping up to be a bright, sunny day

The bins hadn't been done yet when I returned

Comment

Morning all

Sunny again. A bit of a chilly breeze coming in the kitchen window, perfect excuse to avoid doing the washing up. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Weather app says it's hazy somewhere (not here). Barometer up a touch to 1031 mBar.

I forgot to report that recycling was trundled yesterday evening. It has since been moved from the top step to the pavement-side consolidation area for collection later this morning.

Hoping to avoid working tomorrow but am not sure I'm going to get everything done today!

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 14 deg.

1029 mBar, 30.39 in Hg, 771.8 Torr, 14.92 psi, (up from 1027 and a bit last night), 72% RH.

Pollen count high judging by the sneezing I'm doing.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of TD.

Shirts out of WM & into TD.

Cottons in WM.

Bathroom cleaned a bit & domestosed due imminent visit by Sister.

Shirts out of the TD and half of them ironed.

Cottons out of WM and into TD.

Trip down town for lunch with Sister.

Wandered around town.

Cottons out of the TD.

Rest of the shirts iRoned along with the pillow slips.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, a yellow corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, oh, and a bramble jelly sandwich to make up for the one I missed at lunch.

Entertainment: Discovering Sean Connery.

Bits of something called "Wheeler Dealers" wherein some oik dismantles a perfectly good Caterham Seven to firkling about with hotter cams & lightened flywheels for no readily apparent reason.

This was a displacement to avoid watching the documentary about Hiroshima on PBS.

Weatherman Walking on BBC1W: Corwen to Llangollen. I wonder if this is one of the revised CV19 safe versions or back to the old format.

Indeed it was. Derek isn't much use controlling horses..

As an accompaniment to the playing of the Freecell (score: 100%, running average 90.5%ish), a Queen concert from 1986 with Freddy in full pomp.

The Strange things thing on Blaze, featuring no UFOs (which is odd), but instead one of the item was the Difference Engine.

Then the plane crash simulation thing on PBS, the one where the engines on the Boeing coming in to land at HR lost power due to the fuel icing up causing the plane to land short.

Unlike the pilots in the actual crash, it took several attempts for those flying the simulator to achieve the same result.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 March 2022, 23:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Bathroom cleaned a bit & domestosed due imminent visit by Sister.
                  Housekeeping would be so much simpler if people didn't visit

Comment

Sister in law came round last night with fresh trout that the father of a woman she cares for had caught.
                    He likes fishing, but doesn't eat fish.
                    Each one weighed about 1kg, I filleted them and cooked one fillet last night. Going to gin-cure some later and then might smoke the rest.
                    The fisherman is the same guy who lent me his season ticket to Exeter Chiefs so I could go along as the carer's assistant when he was unable to attend the match. Being a carer's assistant involved buying drinks for the three of us... on his credit card.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The new office chair has arrived and been assembled

I won't be able to tell how comfortable it is until my back stops aching from the getting-upstairs, unpacking, and assembly

And the bins still haven't been done, which is annoying as I now have a large amount of cardboard packaging I want to dispose of

Comment

Working...
                      X