• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc. Headache not as bad, and it feels like I had a good night's sleep.
    An enjoyable stroll with The DogTW has helped put the world to rights.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather app insists it's "haze" out; meanwhile, the sun shines down from a clear blue sky. Already 10°C with 18° expected, and the barometers are up a little at 1023/1031mB

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky (my app also claims there is haze). Currently 8 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Baromteer up a smidge to 1029 mBar.

Last night I had a look to see what progress the scaffolders had made. I'd say they were up to about the third floor. I reckon they'll be done today as there's only two more to go. The block is three buildings wide so they've made good progress. Having decent weather has probably helped too.

Comment

Having adjusted the aneroid barometer last week, I thought I’d check it now. It’s showing 30.45”. The Bresser says 1031mb. I’ll take that.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 14.1 deg.

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.6 Torr, 14.88 psi (up from 1024 and a bit last night), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Quite a disturbed night's sleep, awaking at 05:25 and 07:20, though returning to sleep to endure yet more florid dreams.

WTF the one where I was wandering around some hotel or other looking for Room 28 means remains obscure.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine, with bees buzzing & butterflies butterflying.

I could get used to this.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: perusing the Dulux website in search of information on the difference between kitchen & bathroom paint, since in a curious fit of energy, I'm thinking of painting the ceilings of the kitchen over the cooker and the bathroom over the bath.

Following the curious demise of the miniature rose and the maidenhair fern after the painting of the porch with masonry paint, I'm a bit hesitant.

In fact I hesitated for so long that in the end I didn't bother.

Freecell score (this box): 100% (it's alway 100% unless one of those impossible ones turns up), running average 90.5%.

Binbags sorted out for the binbag collection tomorrow.

Side passage brushed to remove the little stone from the roughcast.

Tea: chilli chicken meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And a mango, (Morrisons, allegedly ready to eat, reduced) which wasn't particularly ripe. :

Entertainment: Discovering Christopher Plummer, the star of Startrek VI The undiscovered country.

Car SOS: Ford Model A: this one's got a carpenter as well as the welders. .

Treadstone S1 E10 "The Cicada Covenant": the end. Not The end of the Beginning, but the end of the end.

A bit of a cliffhanger but not the worst ending I've ever watched.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 March 2022, 23:20.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's the second anniversary of Lockdown today!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The car people are back in the UK after their Californian experiment and today dealt with a Rover V8; the old kind, not the 1980s ones that looked a bit like a silverfish (if they were silver, which many were).
                Which show is this?

Was the car a P5B or P6B?

The P5B was the large saloon beloved of Maggie, the P6B was the Rover 2000 reengined with the ali V8.

Where the "B" stands for "Buick", this being whence said ali V8 came, purely by chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V8_engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

Them were the days: 5* leaded petrol, 10:1 compression ratios.

Ah, dear dead days so far beyond recall.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 March 2022, 10:37.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was the last part-baked roll in the packet. With the last slice of ham. Cheese was also present.

It's very nice out, I really ought to go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's the second anniversary of Lockdown today!
                    And the first anniversary of The WifeTM , The DogTW and I moving out of Surrey

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Which show is this?

Was the car a P5B or P6B?

The P5B was the large saloon beloved of Maggie, the P6B was the Rover 2000 reengined with the ali V8.

Where the "B" stands for "Buick", this being whence said ali V8 came, purely by chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V8_engine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

Them were the days: 5* leaded petrol, 10:1 compression ratios.

Ah, dear dead days so far beyond recall.
                      It's called Wheeler Dealers and the vehicle in question was a Rover P5B - they mentioned the Buick connection, and Maggie too

Comment

Working...
                      X