• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up, at last

Comment

This chap has been awarded a Guinness World Record for the largest collection of mobile phones!

Comment

Chicken tikka masala with rice and naan for tea

The landlord wants to investigate the bathroom tomorrow, because there's been a drip in the bathroom of the flat downstairs. Last time this happened, it turned out to be from the flat upstairs, travelling through a boxed-in run of pipes in the corner. I just hope he doesn't end up having to rip my bath out

Comment

Ents has been the new series of The Repair Shop.

The cynic in me couldn't help but think one particular pair of lamps were actually an upcycling job that the owner decided was too much hard work.

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ents has been the new series of The Repair Shop.

The cynic in me couldn't help but think one particular pair of lamps were actually an upcycling job that the owner decided was too much hard work.
              I was thinking they could do a mashup of The Repair Shop and Bargain Hunt - something like they do up your precious item, then stick it in an auction with a reserve price of the cost of the doing up and you have to hope nobody outbids you

Early evening telly was the same old nonsense (cars, gold, antiques, opals).

And then the remaining shortened S4 episode of The Repair Shop that was left in the queue

I've been feeling rather run down today, so I'm getting an early night now in the hope of rejuvenation through repose

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes to give the bathroom a quick scrub ahead of the landlord's visitation. And I can't have a shower until he's checked that isn't the source of the leak

Sunny start again, already up to 9°C with 18° on the cards, and the barometers reasonably steady at 1021/1029mB

Comment

Morning.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold in here at 13.8 deg.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 767.3 Torr, 14.84 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH.

Tuesday.

Weird dream about doing a final year project that somehow started with me failing to get off a bus (that should have gone to Glynneath but didn't), ending up in some college or other further north.

Very odd.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the glorious sunshine, during which the nephew was met going the opposite way, anticlockwise instead of clockwise.

Lunch: leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score (other box): 92%, running average 84%.

Some minor spring cleaning occurred: some black mould got sprayed with some evil gunk that is covered with warnings about dire consequences: it kills black mould very successfully.

Along with this the shelves holding up the assorted pots & pans were similarly cleaned.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jean Simmons.

"That's 70s - the best music" on That's TV. .

Currently muted since I'm not a great fan of Elton.

Like the Boomtown Rats "I don't like Mondays" though. .

Bits of Fred Dibnah's world of steam, steel, and stone.

In fact, most viewing was accompanied by Freecell on this box: 100%, running average 90%. .

FBI S1 E4 or 5, the one in the nuclear power station. :.

Then the ennui of channel surfing became so great that I switched off all the electronic gubbins & read more of "Project Orion" a.k.a. "To infinity & beyond on a trail of nuclear fire".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 March 2022, 09:09.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    CBS, etc out.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It's sunny out except my initial thoughts were that it was overcast - then I remembered there's scaffolding blocking the sunshine. Currently 15 degrees (that warmed up quick from 11 at 8.30 am!) with a high of 18 expected. Barometer hovering around 1027 / 1028 mBar mark.

Cold in my little office - so I'm sat at my desk with the blow heater on and tucked in a blanket. I'm glad I fixed my energy rate for two years before things really went to tulip.

Comment

Working...
                      X