• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Om.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For further telly tonight, I remembered that although its final season has now started, I've never watched any of Peaky Blinders. So I gave S1E1 a go and it's really good; so much so that I also watched E2

And then the Air Crash Investigation into the crash that killed UN Secretary General Dag Hammerskjöld in 1961, reconsidered in the light of putative new evidence.

Bit of rain here but it's stopped now and supposedly won't be back until near sunrise, after which it may continue throughout the day

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 12.1 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762 Torr, 14.74 psi, (down from 1020 mBar last night), 70% RH.

Wednesday according to reports but that may be an illusion.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Wore some ancient, split, leaky boots. The plastic bag liners worked.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of TWAO (all I could stand).

Freecell score: 84%, running average 84%.

Tea: meatballs with rice n'peas, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jack Nicholson.

Quantum Leap S5 E12 "A tale of two sweeties" the bigamist one. Tedious. Only ten more to go.

Bab5 S5 E18 "The fall of Centauri Prime". Poor old Londo.

Treadstone S1 E7 "The paradox Andropov".

Bab5 S5 E19 "The wheel of fire". Garibaldi hits the bottle & Lyta reveals her Vorlon augmentation.

Bab5 S5 E20 "Objects in motion": two attempted assassinations & everyone is leaving.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2022, 23:41.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and raining out.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Rain. More rain. Currently 8 degrees and that's it for the day. Barometer down to 1022 mBar.

Busy day at the coal face, trying to get 7 migration plans signed off. I only have 45 minutes left in the office today before I head off to Wood Lane to see QI being filmed after having a nice lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Quite a lot.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of a broken night's sleep until time to get up, when I started sleeping like a log

Grey day out with evidence of drizzle. Currently 7°C, maybe getting to 8° soon. Barometers down at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

Comment

ClientGov are going to send me a secure laptop on which to work. This is annoying, as I'm used to working on my iMac in a PyCharm window that takes up the full width of my 34" widescreen monitor, with my iMac and its 27" monitor to one side for supplementary gubbins like email and chat. So there's no room on my desk for a laptop unless I rearrange a load of stuff

Comment

Still drizzly out, but I'm going to head to Sainsbury's because it's my last chance to get there in non-weekend daylight for a little while. Though with the number of assorted emails I'm having to deal with ahead of tomorrow, I'm beginning to feel they should have backdated the contract start to today

Comment

Working...
                      X