• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go live happened, but didn’t. Now TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly during and after dinner was Inside the Factory on the subject of mugs. They're quite nice, those ones they made

Then S1E10 of Gomorrah: Ora facciamo i Conte (TV Episode 2014). Only extremely violent in parts this time, which is much less than usual for this series

Next, I decided to give Only Murders in the Building (TV Series 2021– ) a go, as various of the Twitterati I follow have spoken well of it, so it was S1E1 True Crime (TV Episode 2021). I thought it was pretty entertaining, so I'll carry on with it

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into the A300 that crashed into Queens, NY, two months after 9-11

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Blues skies and 6oC out. Looks like a pleasant day.
        Have already got the business manager asking me about testing today. I think he's got a keyword search on his email/teams. If you send the message "We need to finish setup before we can start testing" he reads it as "We need to finish setup before we can start testing"
        Or there's "We are not ready yet"
        Or "We're unable to generate or send the sample output because the user config will not be ready for another hour, OK?"

Comment

Fairly poor night's sleep, probably because of

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          In other news, I've just learned that all the effort I put into transferring the electronics stores from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde up Ye Hill to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde down Ye Docks has proved futile since it's now become three people's office with the stores at the back of the lab.

You really couldn't make this tulipe up.
          Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Chilly at 13.4 deg.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 766.6 Torr, 14.82 psi, 65% RH.

Wednesday.

To make my joy complete the blowhard twat Bozo Boris Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, is on "More or Less".

Lying his bollox off (if only: the planet would be grateful if they dropped off to reduce the population a bit) as usual.

Walk (abbreviated due to litter picking) walked. Broke the litter picker thing which pissed me off somewhat.

A binbag & a carrier bag of crap accumulated for disposal.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (added chilli) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy (spits out pip) corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO with Bozo Boris Bunter, the lying fat owl of the remove, busily lying his ******* heart out.

Sounds fair to me: https://thecritic.co.uk/boris-bunter/

Bunter is a gluttonous, lazy, dishonest and academically negligible student at Greyfriars School in Kent, forever attempting to obtain loans from his fellow schoolboys on the promise that a non-existent postal order is going to arrive from his wealthy relatives at “Bunter Court”.

It is made clear that, for all his fantasies of wealth and success, Bunter’s home is in fact the considerably more modest “Bunter Villa”, which possesses merely one maid and one cook.
          Yes. That works. The only thing that isn't there is "King of the World".

In other news, the Culham Fusion Reactor has made enough fusion power over five seconds to boil 60 kettles of water.

https://whyy.org/segments/fusion-energy/

Q ain't exactly wot one might think. More smoke & fecking mirrors.

70 years of endeavour since ZETA & it's still crap.

https://collection.sciencemuseumgrou...958-zeta-model

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7190813.stm

The white heat of the technological revolution as someone once opined.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

The accumulated litter has been consigned to appropriate bins/bags/binbags for recycling/disposal tomorrow.

Tea: chilli meatballs with rice'n peas, some peace slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Max Von Sydow: Ming the Merciless.

Quantum Leap S4 E19 "Moments to Live". Kidnapped to become a sperm donor.

One neglected to observe that yesterday's epic included the young Donald J. Trump.

Bab5 S3 E15 "Interludes and Examinations". Light & Shadows.

Treadstone S1 E4. More ultraviolence.

Bab5 S3 E16 "War without end Part One". Timey wimey sort of thing without a blue police box in sight.

The evening's Freecell score: 55% (of 4): running average 84%: couldn't be arsed to try and improve it so gave up.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2022, 23:36.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with bits of fluff with the fluff expecting to take over as the day progresses. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Light showers expected this afternoon. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

Tired this morning. Going to be a multi-coffee start to the day.

Comment

Morning denizens

It's officially "mostly cloudy" out, but it looks completely cloudy in the bits of sky I've looked at. Pretty mild again at 10°C, though 11°C shortly will be as good as it gets and it starts cooling down mid-afternoon, with a chilly 3° expected overnight. Barometers trivially down again at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Coco Shreddies had for late lunch / mid-morning snack

Comment

Lunch: last of the post-Christmas turkey soup, with multiseed bread

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

No additional leg added to the route today as, from the off, I could feel occasional spots of incipient rain on my face. As no rain was forecast, I didn't know whether it might turn out to be a passing shower or a torrential downpour, which seemed like a good enough excuse to just do the normal distance

Rain hasn't actually arrived in the end though; or not yet

Comment

Two cars MOT'd and passed

The MOT centre bloke enjoyed driving The Toy, even checked an online forum to get the tyre pressures spot on in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X