• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloke just installed a new satellite dish, turned up nice and early and only took half hour. Relief, I thought I might be waiting at home all day when it's nice and sunny.

PS Grr! When they gave me a quote they didn't include the VAT.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

An F-15 out of Lakenheath has just flown overhead, rather low and rather fast. Currently heading north towards the M4
      https://www.flightradar24.com/PANTHER2/2a905e94
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Bloke just installed a new satellite dish, turned up nice and early and only took half hour. Relief, I thought I might be waiting at home all day when it's nice and sunny.

PS Grr! When they gave me a quote they didn't include the VAT.
        What was wrong with the old one?

Just askin' like.

There's a lot of rusty ones around here, along with several that still point at the old Sky analogue location at 19 deg E.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I hadn't used the car at all since it was fixed and it's been a week, so I thought I'd just give it a quick run down to Sainsbury's. Not that I really needed anything much

I returned with seven bags of shopping

Still, a lot of it was stuff like bin liners and similar non-perishables that it's worth stocking up on given the opportunity. And it was only seven bags because I had all the bags and putting a smallish amount in each one makes it easier to work out an even weight distribution between left and right when carrying them all in from the car

Lunch: a "deliciously seasoned" chicken leg from the hot food counter (may no longer be very hot)

Comment

Elevensies was an out of date cherry and amaretto stollen.

Lunch is fish fingers in a seeded wrap.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I took the alternative slightly shorter route today, as the watch had deigned to give me a few minutes of credit for the shopping expedition

Quite mild out; no nasty breezes today

Must get the mundane laundry on now

Comment

Mundane laundry done and draped; quick wash, obviously

Comment

What was wrong with the old one?

Just askin' like.

No signal. Some bit he said he couldn't replace as dish is ancient, that knobby thing on the end I think. With the new one got all me channels back in no time.
                  bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Rather boring walk. What looked a nice riverside walk path on the map had little view of the river and was through ploughed fields and those plantations with all the trees in lines. And grey, not sunny like it was supposed to be according the WF.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Hallway fire lit, that will spill heat into the lounge to make for a cosy evening.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X