• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Just about managed to finish work and organise myself to get to my new Portuguese classes on time. Had to be there a bit earlier than the scheduled class time because I had to pick up my student pass. I wonder if that means I can get discount in Top Shop or will they laugh me out the store for being too old for all those strips of cloth they call clothes?

Brain is a bit fried, partly because I'm not a good language learner and partly because half the class want to learn Brazilian Portuguese and the rest of us want to learn Portuguese Portuguese. Lots of differences!

Stopped by Thunderbird Chicken by Earl's Court station for dinner and they were closing so I got way more than I ordered and paid for! That'll be lunch for a couple of days too.

Wind down ents has been a couple of the S4 shortened episodes of The Repair Shop, being nice and gentle viewing.

Comment

Made 23 pots of orange & whiskey marmalade, then watched the last episode of hidden assets. Now TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Viewing during and after dining was Trucking Hell. Still no Rory, but apparently he's in the next one

Then Gomorrah S1E2, Ti fidi di me? (TV Episode 2014). TBH it's unfolding pretty much as one expects a Mafia drama to unfold so far, but it's pretty good so I'll go along with it

And finally S3E2 of Hanna, Grape Vines and Orange Trees (TV Episode 2021). This one seems to be getting into a bit of a rut, but maybe they'll come up with some startling twists soon

Not as foggy out as last night, but a bit hazy

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            Overcast but dry out, and a positively balmy 6C
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Still a bit on the dark side but clear sky and dry. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 9 later. Cloud cover expected to increase as the day progresses. Barometer down to 1026 mBar.

Slept well, all that mental effort must have been good for me!

Comment

Morning.

Dry Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 13.2 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, 63% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Due to inclemency, no walk yet.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%: not a good session.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Bozo Bunter (the fat owl of the remove) show on TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sunshine with big black dark clouds foreboding something or other.

Tea: Morrisons The Best pork sausages & onion gravy, some pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Claude Rains.

Quantum Leap S4 E4 "Justice": the Klan one. Pillowcases R Us.

NCIS LA S11 E13 "High society".

I see S1 of "Treadstone" is showing on 5Action. I wonder if it was any good.

Seems like suitably senseless ultraviolence, what's not to like?

It only got the one season.

Roswell S3 E18 "Graduation": end of story, very rushed due to the dropping of E19, 20, & 21, but an end of sorts.

The commentary was mildly inneresting in a mildly inneresting sort of way, as was the featurette.

Dunno what to watch next, there's so little choice.

11 seasons of NYPD Blue?

9 Seasons of X Files?

9 Seasons of "24"?

2 seasons of Kung Fu?

Band of Brothers?

The Pacific?

The Lone Gunmen?

3 seasons of Millennium?

Spoiled for choice.

Would have to sync up X Files, Millennium, and The Lone Gunmen.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 January 2022, 23:59.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Fog is weird, picked loony lady 1 up at airport yesterday and was clear and sunny until went through a village, really dense after that. Then went to karaoke in evening and awful, had to drive slowly. Was dreading driving back but by then it had almost all gone.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit on the grey side with occasional near-sunshine through the thinner patches of cloud

Quite mild at 8°C, but that's as good as we'll get. Barometers distinctly down at 1016/1024mB.

My Dad went to the GP for an ECG just before and they said he should get to hospital ASAP so the cardiologists can have a look; his heart rate is around 33bpm, and they said it could just stop at any moment, and the quickest way to get seen was to go to A&E and say they'd sent him. So naturally he insisted on my sister, who'd accompanied him, taking him home so he could have his lunch before going

I realise it'll be a better lunch than they provide in hospital, but there are times when you just have to accept that a flaccid corned beef sandwich is the more sensible option

Not sure what they'll be able to do; he was ninety just before Christmas and is pretty frail nowadays, so I don't know if they'd be willing take the risk of trying to put a pacemaker in him should that be indicated

Comment

Lunch: sardine toasties (tomato sauce variant). Very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X