• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last of the left over curry was eaten for dinner. FTAOD, the bundle ordered for NY comprised four different curries plus various side dishes and accompaniments, hence why it's lasted so long.

Comment

Tea has been gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans. Very tasty

The rain's back, though tapering off to drizzle now.

Comment

It's been raining here too. It would seem that the overnight temperature will remain above freezing so the pavement shouldn't be an ice rink in the morning (not that I'd be going outside)

Comment

Much of a muchness on the telly tonight, starting with some US Customs stuff and then the rest of Traffic Cops while I ate.

Then the concluding part of Dopesick. That really is very good

And finally a couple more episodes of Chernobyl.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            TFIF, etc

Very heavy rain (or maybe hail) overnight, but the sky is clearing now.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry. Currently.

Blue sky in parts. Currently. Turned out well yesterday as I recall.

Colder at 13.8 deg in here.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi, 65% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, time correctly since it started pissing down shortly after I returned.

Smalls out of the TD & airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Another disasterous Freecell session.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO (if as such it might be defined).

Shirts roughly ironed & airing in the back bedroom.

Cottons out of the TD & airing on the banisters.

Freecell score: run of 21 wins: 85%, running average 84%. Stone me that was hard work.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with baked beans and fried potato slices (for a change), the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Joan Fontaine Sidney Poitier.

Quantum Leap S3 E18 "": the bounty hunter one.

NCIS S11 E2 "Decoy". Turns out E3 & E4 are on this evening at 00:00 to 02:00 which is a bit odd.

"The search for the Tesla Files" on Blaze (makes a change from Ancient Alien Researchers): apparently he invented cell phones in 1901. Which seems a bit early to me.

Ah: his stuff was held by the Custodian of Aliens Property.

Oh feck, The Orange One's uncle was involved in this back in the day. John G. Trump.

This guy: https://www.nytimes.com/1985/02/26/u...er-was-78.html

A Trump who wasn't a complete & utter dickhead unlike his nephew.

And with that, it was replaced with:

Roswell S2 E6 "Harvest": skin city.

Roswell S2 E7 "Wipeout": goodbye skins.

Roswell S2 E8 "Meet the dupes": the alternate clones from Noo York.

NCIS LA S11 E3 "Hail Mary".

NCIS LA S11 E4 "Yellow Jack".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2022, 00:12.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, things seem to have dried out after the overnight rain. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 6. No rain expected until this evening. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Better sleep last night, thank goodness. HWMBO returns this afternoon, wherein there will be a mild flurry of washing and packing activity before we go to Malta on Sunday.

Busy day at work, as everything I've been waiting on other people for has conspired to arrive today so I have much to do that I could have spread out over the week. Plus more work needed on a project I thought I'd gotten rid of due to some crafty manoeuvring by the PM who took it over four months ago (and did nothing with it).

Comment

Morning denizens

I awoke without alarms again, and it's definitely better that way

Having done so, I realised that it's Bin Day and I might already have missed my chance to get us back a decent recycling bin, so I quickly threw on my clothes and headed out the back. There was a bin wagon just moving on up the side road when I got out there, but I think that was general waste. Anyway, I was able to locate a Good Bin and get that trundled back in, after which I came inside, had a shower, made coffee, and took it back to bed to prepare for the real start of the day

It's still a bit damp from the rain we had and there was a mild frost last night, but it's a bright sunny day now. Currently 4°C ("feels like" 0° but it didn't when I went out) with 6° promised for later when it gets a bit cloudier; barometers are down a little at 999/1007mB

Comment

Lunch: roast beef butty on multiseed bread

Mainly because when I took the two chicken drumsticks out to defrost for yesterday's lunch I thought I'd found a third wrapped in foil and was going to have that too, but after it had thawed, it turned out to be roast beef

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I wasn't going to bother because firstly, it's cold - nominally 4°C but "feels like" 0°; and secondly, I'm lazy, so that seemed like a good excuse not to. But I eventually realised I'd just keep trying to guilt myself into it if I didn't get it done, so I did

Rain is now forecast for the next couple of hours so, should it arrive, it will have been a good thing I got it out of the way

Comment

Working...
                      X