• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Early walk on wet ground but dry air. Now tipping it down.

New rate kicks in today... +10%
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Hints of sun.

Colder at 15.1 deg in here & the bedroom window was steamed up again.

1001 mBar, 29.559 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 68% RH.

Tuesday.

Very odd noise at 02:45 of something big & metallic falling over outside.

I peered out of the windows but didn't see anything significant.

Had a walk around: didn't spot anything that might have fallen over: maybe It Was All A Dream.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Tesco via shanks' pony done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO.

Looks like I've had my fill of Oz customs wallahs and their supercilious attitude.

Xogg: snip snip & Xogg's yer aunty.

In other other news, the batphone that was saying "emergency calls only" followed by "can't find network" managed to return to something approaching life so I called my landline so I won't have to do that again for 179 days.

Did the same thing on the other batphone, the one that got locked & they stole £20 credit off, then I unlocked it with a £5 voucher & still the £20 isn't there.

EE scum.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the pleasant sunshine & cold wind.

Quite bracing out there this afternoon & it's picking with rain now I've returned.

The tops of the mountains higher up the valley were looking suspiciously whitish.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock (I wanted some battered today but they don't seem to stock it any more), some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Shirley McClaine.

Quantum Leap S3 E15 "Piano Man".

NCIS LA S10 E23 "The Guardian": an ep about the Manchester Slaver by the sounds of it.

The Rookie S1 E14 "Plain Clothes Day".

Car SOS: Metro 6R4: well there's a thing: metal spraying to build up damaged metal surfaces. Must have cost a small fortune to put that thing back in running order. Tig welding the bell housing was impressive too.

Roswell S1 E24 "Destiny" commentary.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 January 2022, 00:03.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull yet dry when I got up. Now dull and raining. Currently 8 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1000 mBar.

Last night's stew was very good. We watched Infinite (2021) which was rubbish. Bins were trundled and I noticed had been moved to their pavement position early this morning.

Back to work. Much to do as the other BA is off this week and I'm off next week. I have lots of prep work so they can do the business UAT and go live while I'm sunning myself on holiday.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out. The weather app asserts that it's snowing, but it isn't, or not here in the city at any rate. Currently 2°C with maybe 4° expected for a brief period around lunchtime, and it's supposed to get sunny by then too. Barometers down at 993/1001mB

Comment

Snowing! (OK, sleet, but close enough)

Comment

Couple of halves of lager with 4 loony ladies in pub yesterday. Think I'll get gender reassignment, will fit in better. Not as though I use me bits these days anyway.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Another Google SV thing. 2nd driver for extra safety.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0411...7i16384!8i8192
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread. This was the last of the batch from early November, found nestling at the back of the bit of the freezer I keep soups in. Very tasty one

Comment

Lunch: Tomato & Lentil soup with a slice of sourdough.

Comment

Lunch: Left over curry

Comment

Working...
                      X