• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple of bits of buttered wholemeal toast to sustain me

Comment

After loads more physical exertion, I finally have my new toy set up: an armchair!

Even better: a reclining armchair, with massage function (which my back needs after getting it in here, assembling it, and shifting stuff around to make room), a heated back, and cupholders in the arms

My old armchair, which I've had for about twenty-five years, had become utterly decrepit, sagging and with the foam of the cushions so compressed that just sitting in it put my knees at an angle that has gradually been causing actual physical damage to them. So I decided sod it, I'd splash out and get myself something half-decent for Christmas

So I can now look like Martin Crane as I watch my favourite Christmas movies, such as Die Hard

Comment

Oh, and pockets for remotes, glasses cases, and so on: a large one on each side, and one on the front of each arm

Comment

New Christmas episode of Inside the Factory just dropped

It's about Christmas cards. I would have thought they were made at a printer's shop, not a factory, but I daresay it'll educate me

Comment

Last of the boxes has been carved up with the Stanley knife and added to the spare recycling bin I commandeered earlier, the rest of the recycling has been crammed into our bin, and I've trundled all the full bins that were out the back

As I was returning from putting the last one out, I ran into my upstairs neighbour. He told me there were police (or those look-like-police support people) out there the other day who checked that he was legit, and told him they're passing through about four times a day just to keep an eye on things back there. So it looks like my email the other week has had some effect

Comment

Late lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread

Comment

So: I have my new chair; I've wrapped all the presents; I don't need to go to the shops (not counting getting LFTs from the chemist if they have any); I'm not expecting any further deliveries; and I ought to be avoiding everybody and everywhere anyway, to avoid spreading the plague on Christmas Day.

Which, taken all in all, seems to me to be sufficient grounds for opening the Family Circle biscuits and declaring Christmas begun

Comment

One of my nieces in London has tested positive for covid

One of her friends tested positive a few days ago, so it was almost inevitable really

Comment

Anyone else having problems with Freeview? Loads of channels, including BBC, unavailable round here. Due to "high pressure" apparently. Eh?

Good thing I've also got Freesat and the net.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Been cleaning and listening to the radio.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X