• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Telly tonight started with the latest episode of Surgeons. Interesting one, as it was about emergency surgery for people rushed in with major traumatic injuries

And then a couple more episodes of Air Crash Investigation, in which one plane had to ditch in the Med because the wrong fuel gauge had been fitted, and another in Indonesia plummeted nose first into the sea because the crew got confused when part of the navigation system started behaving oddly

Supposed to be foggy again out, but it isn't as bad as the last couple of nights

Goodnight all
    We've just bought a TV after not having one for about 18 months. No live channels yet (need Virgin to sort it out) but we do at least have iPlayer, Netflix and the like.

The current watching is the latest season of Ambulance and catching up on The Crown.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Morning all, from the depths of permie land....

Grey and murky here. Mrs CB is off the Kent with the Boblets for three days to see her parents. We rearranged plans from after Christmas, just in case DOOOOOOM happens.

So here I am again. Over a year a permie land and tbh not currently missing contracting. The Ltd is still there just in case but not currently feeling the pull to go back.

How are you all doing?

All good thanks

You missed the CUK Xmas do a week last Friday. We managed to avoid cross-infecting each other with Omicron

Comment

We've just bought a TV after not having one for about 18 months. No live channels yet (need Virgin to sort it out) but we do at least have iPlayer, Netflix and the like.

The current watching is the latest season of Ambulance and catching up on The Crown.
        You'll have to catch up on Trucking Hell (Paramount/My5) and The Repair Shop (BBC iPlayer)

Comment

The landlord has fitted a Yale lock to the back yard gate to keep the junkies and pros at bay

As he says, if they kick it in, they kick it in. But it might act as a deterrent

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all

I'm back!
            Had you gone somewhere?

Comment

Morning all, from the depths of permie land....

Grey and murky here. Mrs CB is off the Kent with the Boblets for three days to see her parents. We rearranged plans from after Christmas, just in case DOOOOOOM happens.

So here I am again. Over a year a permie land and tbh not currently missing contracting. The Ltd is still there just in case but not currently feeling the pull to go back.

How are you all doing?
              All good here, thanking you kindly.

As NF said, the grand CUK Xmas do was a covid-free affair - more by luck than judgement, most likely.

Comment

Hair dressed. Boots order collected. No LFTs to be found in the four local pharmacies I went to.

I have to venture into the wilderness that is West Kensington tomorrow for my 5G booster so will see if that pharmacy, or others close to it, have any in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Had you gone somewhere?
                  Yes, I spent half of yesterday on a delayed flight (because LHR have no staff that can move planes around in the fog), then when we got back to Heathrow there were no gates available, so 45 mins sat in the plane waiting for a gate. Finally a 2 hour wait for luggage because LHR has no drivers available to get bags from planes.

...oh, and a bit of skiing in Italy.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Yes, I spent half of yesterday on a delayed flight (because LHR have no staff that can move planes around in the fog), then when we got back to Heathrow there were no gates available, so 45 mins sat in the plane waiting for a gate. Finally a 2 hour wait for luggage because LHR has no drivers available to get bags from planes.

...oh, and a bit of skiing in Italy.
                      I saw your discussion with Heathrow on Twitter last night. They seemed to be not very helpful

Comment

Working...
                      X