• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas zoom party done. Now to fathom what to have for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese

(Yes, it’s Sunday )

Om

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice it was

I'm going to guess that they weren't very busy tonight, given that I usually allow twenty minutes for the round trip and it sometimes takes slightly longer, but this time I was back in under fifteen minutes

Comment

Looking at the "Action/Adventure Movies" category in Disney+. It seems rather odd to have films like Taken and Die Hard under the same heading as Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue

Comment

Telly tonight started with the latest episode of Surgeons. Interesting one, as it was about emergency surgery for people rushed in with major traumatic injuries

And then a couple more episodes of Air Crash Investigation, in which one plane had to ditch in the Med because the wrong fuel gauge had been fitted, and another in Indonesia plummeted nose first into the sea because the crew got confused when part of the navigation system started behaving oddly

Supposed to be foggy again out, but it isn't as bad as the last couple of nights

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Clearer sky today, blue with high level haze. Dry with no sign of the rain that was expected overnight. Currently 7 degrees and that's the high for the day. Unlikely to rain today. Barometer down to 1029 mBar.

Off to the hairdresser this morning. Then pick up an order from Boots. Then see if any of the pharmacies local to me have LFT packs in stock. I have one box of 7 tests so the need is not urgent.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Harry Ramsden starts selling fish and chips from his shop in Leeds 1928

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Cold.

Sunless.

UnFrosty.

13.5 deg in here.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 64% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked following a trip down town to collect an undelivered parcel and buy some more bird food from Wilko.

I note that Wilko are selling off tungsten lightbulbs at half price.

Not that I need any, but there you go.

In other news, there's a film on instead of the customs thing. This will upset my digestion no end.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: plainly not the Oz Customs thing. :TWAO.

Then The Oz customs thing with the usual parade of obnoxious revenuers and maff fascists: 4 eps today: including someone coming back from, you guessed it, China, this time with a deer penis in his baggage: apparently these are extracted from the live animal to enhance the potency.

Cruel bastards that they are.

Other cruel bastards are, of course, available.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84%.

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, some peach halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: no Discovering.

Scotland Yard: The last train: watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Bits of the St Fagans thing on S4C.

Quantum Leap S3 E11 "Runaway".

NCIS LA S10 E19 "Searching".

The oak island nutjobs: drilling down (i.e. a filler ep that's even more filler than the filler in the usual eps): moderately inneresting in terms of discovering why Dave Blenkenship walks with a cane.

Colditz - the legend.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2021, 22:11.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, though not as foggy (or foggy-adjacent) as recent mornings, and there's a sliver of wan sunshine that has started showing through as I type, though I suspect it won't last. Currently 6°C but not improving on that score, and the barometers are very slightly down (but probably not enough to make a difference) at 1022/1030mB

Not too bad a night's sleep, all in all, though there was some weird dream that woke me at one point. Maybe it's getting too chilly in here at night again? I bought myself a new electric throw/overblanket the other week, so I need to get that set up

Sainsbury's will be delivering certain aspects of Christmas between 17:32 and 18:32 today. Nothing missing, which is good because this order was mainly focused on the stuff that often seems to already be gone from the shelves at the times I've been going shopping lately. There's some other bits I still need to get nearer the end of the week but, use-by dates permitting, this lot should see me set up for another Christmas at home should meeting family prove too risky again, as seems likely

Comment

Morning all, from the depths of permie land....

Grey and murky here. Mrs CB is off the Kent with the Boblets for three days to see her parents. We rearranged plans from after Christmas, just in case DOOOOOOM happens.

So here I am again. Over a year a permie land and tbh not currently missing contracting. The Ltd is still there just in case but not currently feeling the pull to go back.

How are you all doing?

Comment

Morning all

I'm back!
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X