• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly tonight started with a US customs thing whilst dining.

And then S5E2 of Trucking Hell

And finally, Air Crash Investigation about a plane that shook itself to bits in midair because of three dodgy bolts that weren't up to spec, leading to regulation of the previously uncontrolled aviation parts industry

It's supposed to be foggy overnight. I expect this will be the usual thing of fog in the countryside and possibly a very slight haze here in the city

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dark and dull, overcast, dry. Currently 9 degrees and that's the high for the day. The sun might make an appearance. Barometer up further to 1039 mBar. I checked this against my weather app in case it was faulty but that's showing slightly higher for wherever it takes its measurement from.

Woke up at 0706, far too early to get up. Alarm went off at 0725, dozed through the dross that is the Today programme until I was annoyed enough to get up about 0815.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
      Set of ink-brush paintings by Qi Baishi sells at auction for a record £105 million, Beijing 2017

French sailor Francois Gabart sets a new record for the fastest solo circumnavigation of the globe (42 days and 16 hours) 2017

Comment

Last night's viewing also included "Car Pound Cops: give me my car back!" S1 E1, which included Lantern, and the inevitable Michael.

Not sure I'll continue with that.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Overcast.

Sunless.

Slightly colder at 15.1 deg in here.

1038 mBar, 30.65 in Hg, 778.56 Torr, 66% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in WM1.

Smalls out of WM1 & into the TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Sheets in WM2.

Hurrah! Found the magnet on a bendy handle thing that I've been looking for for ages, it was stuck to the side of WM2 from when I was rescuing lost screws from behind it.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away due to the imminent expiry of the mot.

Smalls out of TD & airing in front bedroom.

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Cottons into WM1.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine.

Shirts out of TD & awaiting the iRon.

Cottons out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Sheets out of WM2 and hanging on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, a bramble jelly sandwich on same, ditto marmalade sandwich, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: Vietnamese chap with $900k of H up his arse. Chinese student with $20k undeclared: lucky to get a warning & not a fine.

Just fetched the "Mazda Coronation Lighting Set" and the Woolworth's fake Xmas tree from the garage.

The first is borderline lethal (especially if the reflectors are fitted) whilst the other is donkey's years old.

Happily no rodent nests were found in either, which was a tad surprising.

Even more surprising: the lights work.

Well there's a thing: 69 years young. Bet that plug's got a 13A fuse in it (originally IIRC, it had one of those two pin Clix plugs* that fitted a 5A adaptor back when the world was young & IEE installation regs were on revision 12 [according to https://www.wiring-regulations.co.uk...tions-history/ ]).

*For the unaware: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202655153891

Sheets off the line & into TD.

Sheets out of TD & still damp.

Sheets back in TD on extra dry.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with fried potato (which went wrong, the parboil was a tad too enthusiastic) and baked beans, and peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Claudia Cardinale.

Quantum Leap S3 E10 "A little miracle" the one where he's a gentleman's gentleman.

NCIS S10 E18 "Born to run": a bit better than E17 but not by much.
        i
        Mediaeval Dead "The mysterious woman of Tadcaster": plague (proper: 50% fatality rate) and all that.

Despite being on Blaze, there's no mention of Ancient Alien Researchers as yet.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2021, 21:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Damn. Bright earlier with some little blue bits in the sky. All gone now. Hate this grey stuff.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, though no sign of the fog. Currently a mere 6°C, which is as good as it gets until tonight, when it'll rise a little, along with the return of the fog (if any). Looks like it'll be getting colder next week

Barometers are in soaraway mode at 1034/1042mB

Another LFT done, just in case. Negative

I do find these ones that only need a nose swab much more convenient. The throat swab ones involved standing in front of the bathroom mirror with swab in one hand and phone in the other, using the torch function to try to work out whereabouts to poke at the back of my mouth. These ones I can do in my armchair

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

Comment

I need to organise some lunch. I opened a jar of hot dog sausages yesterday so I'd best have one of those.

Comment

Got a Sainsbury's delivery slot for Monday afternoon, so I've ordered the various bits I'll need if Christmas gets rescheduled as a home thing again

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Today incorporating a haircut en route, after which I took a further detour via the big Tesco at the far end of the road where I was able to get an emergency turkey thigh to hold in reserve, just in case; and then back up the "hill" and home by something approximating to the usual route, partly to extend the walk, but mainly to avoid having to walk through the people cluttering the pavements on the main road

Comment

Took a walk up to Waitrose to collect a shopping order while waiting for a query to run.

Finished work about 7.15pm. Looking forward to a bit of a break now. I am working on Wednesday but that won't be too onerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X