• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had just found Stigma. I'll look through the list, thank you. It's a fun half hour

I listened to the Battersea Poltergeist, that was daft but fun. The same chap has a new podcast series on BBC called Uncanny, looking for the supernatural in the mundane.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I had just found Stigma. I'll look through the list, thank you. It's a fun half hour
      I used to pester my parents to be allowed to stay up late to watch them on Christmas Eve, but I never was; "Too scary" for a kid, apparently

And then when I was old enough to stay up later, we'd miss them because we'd go to Midnight Mass so we didn't have to go on Christmas morning

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a new episode of Traffic Cops whilst dining

Then Lost Hearts as noted

And finally an episode of Air Crash Investigation about two planes, Saudi and Kazakh, that collided near New Delhi due to the Kazakh crew failing to realise what flight level they were supposed to be holding at

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Misty.

Moisty.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Warm at 16 deg in here.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 64% RH.

Wednesday.

Today's fumbling incompetence led to half a cup of milk spilling across the kitchen worktop and I haven't touched a drop so far this morning. Hic.

Great spotted woodpecker on the bird feeder earlier. Makes a change from the jackdaws.

Might listen to this later:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hbdmj

It being mentioned in this morning's lecture on AI.

Elliot Automation, yet another company fecked up by GEC and Arnold Weinstock.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the misty moisty grey. Rather warm out there, thankfully I'd removed a couple of layers from that necessary last week, so didn't disappear in a puddle of sweat, merely glowed a bit.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, marmalade sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.9 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing. Haven't (or don't recall) either of these.

Freecell score: 100% (of 10), running average 84%.

Some minor potching in the office/front room in terms of sorting out components that'll never be used into little drawers that'll never be opened.

I wonder when I bought the 78L06 and 78L08 regulators. Must be a loooooong time ago.

There's a wonderful selection of unmarked transistors of dubious & doubtful provenance & function. I did some mad things back in the day.

Tea: the rest of the chicken in white sauce plus rice & peas, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Barbara Stanwycke.

Quantum Leap S3 E8 "The great Spontini": the one where he's a magician.

Joy of Painting: once more the power of was strong in this ep.

NCIS S10 E16 "Into the breach".

"Peppermint (2018)" with Jennifer Garner: the ultraviolence is strong in this one.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 December 2021, 23:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 12 degrees and that's it for the day. Barometer up to 1029 mBar.

It's go-live day! Lots of checks and reports, testing and such like. We are looking to handover to the business at midday. Currently running ahead of schedule!

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
            Nylon yarn is first produced commercially, Delaware 1939

HRH Prince William is commissioned as an officer in the British Army as he graduates from Sandhurst 2006

Comment

If you scroll down on https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/gen...natural/player you'll find several more:
              Horror stories! Yeh! Cheers Fizzy Knickers!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey but comparatively mild day, 11°C at the moment with 12° due by lunchtime, no rain expected, barometers up at 1020/1028mB

I did a lateral flow test upon getting up. Result: negative

This was the first of the new box I got recently, and the procedure varies in several crucial respects from the previous box I'd obtained in the summer:
                • The test fluid was already in the (sealed) sample tube - the previous ones had it in a separate vial and you had to open that and tip it in yourself;
                • The swab was for both nostrils only, whereas the previous one had a longer swab for both tonsils but only one nostril (your choice of which);
                • The procedure to transfer the sample from the swab to the test fluid was a bit more detailed and a longer swirling/squeezing time recommended;
                • The number of drops to apply to the well on the test itself was four rather than two - though I suppose it's possible this corresponds to a smaller hole in the cap of the sample tube;
                • Perhaps most importantly: the previous ones said you should wait thirty minutes for the result. These ones, it's fifteen minutes AND the result becomes meaningless after thirty minutes. So if you don't get that far in the instructions because you're used to the old ones, your test results might not be what you think
                So remember to RTFM with every new box of tests you get, folks

Comment

Happy Birthday Xoggy!

+1
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Happy Birthday Xoggy!

+1!

Comment

Cheers for the crappy bday posts!

Yeh, gonna pick up literal flop test later. Various people I know seem to be doing them regularly, can't say I ever have but they want them at karaoke now. Nothing improves your singing like sticking a thing in your throat just before.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X