• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bins trundled at the 11th hour

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Bins trundled at the 11th hour
      Good catch!

Comment

Telly tonight started with last year's Christmas special of the Glasgow station thing, before it vanishes from iPlayer in a few days. It managed to include some good non-Christmas content too, such as welding rails

Then some thing about fraud; a bloke claiming benefits under a false identity and a woman who nicked a couple of hundred grand from Rugely council

And finally, The Repair Shop's Christmas special from 2017

Early night now, as I'm pretty sure I still haven't recovered fully from the weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Clear blue skies and sunshine here, probably about -5 out, but looks like another nice day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Warmer at 15.0 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 768 Torr, 64% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Bird watcher chap met once again.

Lunch: potato & leek soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea:

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: the one with the recently married couple returning from Cuba being hit with $220 fine for failing to declare wood, a $60 charge for nuking some wooden musical instruments and a $550 fine/duty/GST for 3 boxes of Cuban cigars (a wedding present).

Bits of NZ customs thing.

Boot (trunk for septics) of car emptied & old windscreen wiper therefrom used to replace the current windscreen wiper which had seen better days.

A car rug and an old bedsheet met the WM, followed by the TD to remove the musty pong therein.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with baked beans and fried potato slices, a yog, the last of the peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering William Holden.

Joy of Painting. The was particularly strong in this ep.

Quantum Leap S3 E7 "Black on White on Fire".

NCIS LA S10 E15 "Smokescreen Part Deux".

The Rookie S1 E13 "Caught Stealing".

The Baaad Skin Clinic S3 E10 More pustulent goodness.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 December 2021, 19:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Took a little while to get off to sleep, but quite a decent slumber after that which has left me feeling rather better

Grey day out with some evidence of overnight drizzle. Currently 11°C rising to 12°, 1012/1024mB on the barometers

It seems pretty quiet out there; I'm surprised "WFH" without full lockdown has such a noticeable effect.

I'm stuck now waiting for the FedEx redelivery attempt. No map to show me what they're doing, no text message updates; it's all very primitive

Comment

A Crouch Recovery flatbed is recovering something over on the side road by what used to be Sainsbury's Local

I don't recognise the driver though

Comment

Morning all

It was dull and overcast when I got up. It's still overcast but it's a bit brighter now the sun is up. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1026 mBar.

Busy morning with lots of meetings. It will be a busy day with more meetings to come. Not sure when the doing time will happen.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                  US Mariner II sends close-up pictures of Venus 1962

The Walt Disney Company buys most of 21st Century Fox for US$52.4 billion 2017

Comment

FedEx finally delivered: a hamper!

Well, not wicker or anything; a box full of Christmas goodies, including a bottle of red wine

It's either from the agency or the consultancy. Unfortunately, from the way the message with it is phrased, it could be either one of them. So I have no idea who to thank

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X