• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Slightly warmer at 13.4 deg in here.

Almost 1002 mBar, 29.58 in Hg, 751.3 Torr, 61% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM and the porridge boiled over.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Little stone out of the WM & dispensed with.

Shirts in the WM (including the smokey ones from bonfire evening).

Walked (slightly abbreviated) walked, during which despite the sun, it gradually got darker & darker with threatening black clouds, however it failed in its attempt to rain upon me.

The TD random number generator had reached 0:01 when I returned, and managed to reach 0:00 after another 5 minutes.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons multiseed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing, no doubt replete with Chinese "food" and "medicine".

It wasn't.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons taken out of the TD, shaken about a bit & returned to the TD: display went from 2:37 to 0:44 which seems a bit more reasonable.

Shirts roughly ironed & airing.

Cottons out of the TD & airing (at last).

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

House very very roughly vacced, managed to block the vac with a tissue which proved tricky to remove.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Buster Keaton.

Quantum Leap S3 E5 "The boogieman".

NCIS LA S10 E13 "Better Angels".

Something else to relieve the endless ennui.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 December 2021, 18:52.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc.

About to do my fit to fly test.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Early start didn't happen, but no problem as I was stuck waiting for DPD again. They just delivered successfully

The "driver is delivering parcel x, you are parcel y" bit doesn't work as well as the map tracking, as it gave values of 47 for x and 51 for y even as I watched him pull up outside to drop my parcel off, his presence there accurately reflected on the map when I reloaded it as I scuttled downstairs

Sunny out in a wintry kind of way, currently 4°C which didn't feel at all warm when I popped out the back just now to get the recycling bin back. For the second week in a row, this had been returned to the back lane, so next week I might try putting the bin out there rather than trundling it all the way to the road and see if it works

Occasional drizzle seems to be expected for the rest of the day, and a high of 6°. Switching to London, as one does, I see no drizzle expected and a high of 7° this afternoon, though down to 3° tonight

Comment

Secret Santa has been wrapped and shoved in my coat pocket so I don't forget it

I suppose I should get around to the rest of the packing at some point, but that's the most important bit covered

And as I'll be away for less than twenty-four hours, it's not exactly going to be a huge undertaking

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

In theory I should get a free snack and brew with my first class train ticket, but who knows? Hard to see how to drink coffee while wearing a mask. Maybe they provide straws? Though getting a Lincolnshire sausage ciabatta through a straw might also be tricky

Comment

The electrician has confirmed that my WM can stay put for the following reasons:
              1. The switch into which it is wired is 76 cm away from zone 2
              2. The WM is IPX4 rated, which is the min requirement for a bathroom installation

If the person who did the safety inspection knew how to (a) use a tape measure and (b) read the regulations and (c) thought to check the label on the back of the WM, that would have saved everyone time.

Comment

Lateral flow test: negative

Time to head to the station

Comment

Walk to the station briskly walked, green ring closed

Ten minutes early, so now standing around waiting…

Comment

On the train

Comment

Free coffee

No straw

Comment

Working...
                      X