• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly has been more Glasgow Central Station, followed by more of The Repair Shop

No trundling has occurred as there was only one small bag in the bottom of the recycling bin. Even if I could have been bothered to take down my own recycling, it still wouldn't have been worthwhile

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Off for my booster shortly, currently chatting on Teams with an Anti-Vax contractor at clientco who hates working from home and likes to go in to the office as often as possible - even though we are deemed "non-essential" and must work from home.
      His reason for going in is so that he can find/create more work for himself by spreading F-U-D among the users, then under delivering, then pointing out to another user that there needs to be a phase x+1
      I vaguely admire him for that bit, in terms of raw $$$, but it means very few projects ever get properly delivered to the point that the client gets the benefits they need.

His anti-vax stance is based on a friend of a friend telling him that a doctor they know said they wouldn't get the vaccine even before any of them were released because none of them had been tested and anyway, they are young and fit enough. He has said he might get one "if the communists in 10 Downing Street won't let him fly without it".
      The phrase "It's not about you, it's also about others" is lost on him.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cold at 14.5 deg in here.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 65% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

In that brief interlude, it's changed from sunny & bright to dark & deluginous.

Ho hum. Not going walking in this.

Sun's out.

Smalls still in the TD, extracted before completion.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Walk (unabbreviated and unextended) walked in the sunshine until the last half mile which was wet as an otters pocket.

Shirts out of the TD & smalls back in to finish them off.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing in the back bedroom.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom (or will be now I've remembered).

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Oz customs thing until I couldn't bear it any more, bit of NZ Border Patrol coz it's calmer: MAFF spider patrol. Watches concealed in a shipment of shoes. You can't hide stuff from the X ray machine. Said watches are fake. Oh Dear(tm).

Disappointed not to see the MAFF lady & her "did" turtle concealment. She doesn't like "did" animals apparently.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

In other other news, the odd looking spider I spotted in the kitchen yesterday resembles rather closely a false widow, being the right colour & shape.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Maureen o'Hara.

Quantum Leap S2 E17 "Good night, dear heart": the one with the pregnant lady in the lake.

NCIS LA S10 E3 "The Prince": never heard of a prince being termed a "deputy prince" but there you apparently go.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2021, 19:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey rainy day out

Though there seems to be a brief pause in the rain, or possibly just a downgrade to light drizzle, right now. But it'll carry on soon, and off and on throughout the morning, before brightening up slightly just before sunset. (Then it'll rain again tonight.)

Currently 7°C which is also the high for the day, and the barometers are well down at 985/992mB

Wondering what the denizens of Nottingham have done to silence ladymuck. But then again, Premier Inn wifi has never been of the best

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Ho hum. Not going walking in this.
            I had planned to take my walk early today, but came to exactly the same conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had planned to take my walk early today, but came to exactly the same conclusion
              Blue skies and sunshine here atm. Going to get mucky later though, Arwen is on her way.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Rather knackery volunteer day on the forest yesterday. Short walk with loony lady 1 planned today, followed by a coffee. Now I've got to get my toothpaste inspection report done.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Damp, overcast and grey when I got up with signs of overnight rain. Clouds have now cleared but there's still a chance of rain later. Currently 7 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Great night out in Nottingham last night. Got to bed at 0230 this morning. Made it into the office just before 0900 and will be heading home at lunchtime.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  English archaeologist Howard Carter opens Tutankhamun's virtually intact tomb in Egypt 1922

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Blue skies and sunshine here atm. Going to get mucky later though, Arwen is on her way.
                    We had the blue skies and sunshine for about twenty minutes, but that's over and the rain should be back Real Soon Now. I'm wondering if this was the best day to accept my phone's new suggestion of sending me alerts when it's about to start or stop raining

Comment

Blue skies disappeared under a big black cloud and much rain. Then about 20 minutes later it all cleared up and blue skies returned.

I am now on the 1250 EMR service to St Pancras. I intend to sleep so unlikely to wave as we pass through Leicester today.

Comment

Working...
                      X