• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

I thought HWMBO was with you, I can't imagine him having or allowing you to have that for lunch.
    He was and then he left. Apparently he'd rather talk about TOGAF for three days in the arse end of nowhere. I believe the pay and conditions are better than being my butler. He's back on Sunday evening for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

He was and then he left. Apparently he'd rather talk about TOGAF for three days in the arse end of nowhere. I believe the pay and conditions are better than being my butler. He's back on Sunday evening for a week.
      You planned that badly then.

What you should have done was

Tuesday night - fly back
      Wednesday - HWMBO could prep food for the next few days
      Wednesday night / Thursday - HWMBO goes to run course.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You planned that badly then.

What you should have done was

Tuesday night - fly back
        Wednesday - HWMBO could prep food for the next few days
        Wednesday night / Thursday - HWMBO goes to run course.
        Kids! Darn kids!

Comment

My Synology NAS used to work with 2FA using an authentication app like Google or Microsoft. I go to log in today and it won't accept the code. It would seem that one now has to install the Synology Secure Signin app to use 2FA. Nice of them to tell me they'd made a change which would prevent me accessing my device.

Is this a sign of things to come that in a zero trust world every service provider will supplier their own authentication app?

Comment

My Synology NAS used to work with 2FA using an authentication app like Google or Microsoft. I go to log in today and it won't accept the code. It would seem that one now has to install the Synology Secure Signin app to use 2FA. Nice of them to tell me they'd made a change which would prevent me accessing my device.

Is this a sign of things to come that in a zero trust world every service provider will supplier their own authentication app?

Private companies can do what they want.

It's why I use Unraid as my NAS - it's just a linux OS that sits on a usb stick and runs on any computer you put it on.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Too grey for sunset again

There hadn't been many recycling bags put out yet either, so I only got to judge a small number of households on their consumption

Comment

My own recycling has been gathered together, bagged and taken down; and as that made the bin pretty full, it was trundled forth

And then I started preparing dinner. It will be spag bol, and I like to simmer it for an inordinately long time, so that's on now

Comment

Dinner will be some of the leftover takeaway that HWMBO ordered for his tea last night. I was too poorly have any dinner

Just remembered that S9 of The Curse of Oak Island has started so I've commenced download of the preamble episode trying to convince us there's things worthy of a 'Top Ten Finds' plus the first two episodes.

Waiting for Ocado to deliver stuff I couldn't be bothered to carry (gin, tonic, ice...).

Comment

Just remembered that S9 of The Curse of Oak Island has started so I've commenced download of the preamble episode trying to convince us there's things worthy of a 'Top Ten Finds' plus the first two episodes.
                    The very idea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A new series of Inside Central Station has just landed into my iPlayer downloads.

Comment

Working...
                      X