• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: sardines-in-tomato-sauce toasties. Lush

While shopping, I've kept on misremembering that I need more of the sardines in tomato sauce when I actually need the ones in olive oil, so I now need to have this for lunch a fair few times to even the balance

Comment

Teapot activated

Tea being accompanied by Rich Tea biscuits for dunking, and an episode of Randall and Hopkirk Deceased to complete the feeling of a 1970s autumn afternoon

Comment

My user guide edits were well received. For my reward I now get to create a series of pages in SharePoint Online to disseminate that information to users who don't want to download and read a 30 page document, just to find out how the automated folder creation process works.

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the encroaching dusk, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tea being accompanied by Rich Tea biscuits for dunking, and an episode of Randall and Hopkirk Deceased to complete the feeling of a 1970s autumn afternoon
            Said episode being S1E3 in production order (usually shown as S1E12 from the original LWT broadcast order, though LWT weren't even the first to broadcast it), For the Girl Who Has Everything (TV Episode 1969)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              My user guide edits were well received. For my reward I now get to create a series of pages in SharePoint Online to disseminate that information to users who don't want to download and read a 30 page document, just to find out how the automated folder creation process works.
              No good deed goes unpunished.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans

Comment

TV viewing has, somewhat predictably, been Traffic Cops and The Repair Shop

I finally gave in to the colder weather last night and closed the bedroom window for the first time since spring. Last night it was 17°C, tonight it's nearly 20° even though I think it's a bit colder out.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold at 14.5 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 67% RH.

Thursday.

The waste disposal and recycling engineers made their merry way up the road at about 06:30.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

The scarf was employed for the first time this autumn.

And I wasn't in a lather of sweat on my return.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Nothing to Declare, NZ Border Patrol: the usual: meth in a parcel of biscuits, shedloads of Chinese food.

Oh, and some Korean food.

House roughly vacced for want of something to do.

Then the leaves got removed from the lawn, which ended up with the last cut of the year (fingers crossed).

Tea: the first portion of the new batch of chilli con carne, and by heck I was heavy on the chilli, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Audrey Hepburn.

Quantum Leap S1 E9 the Maltese Falcon ripoff "Play it again Seymour" with the late Willie Garson and Claudia Christian.

Joy of Painting. <- well that worked well.

Discovering Kevin Costner: gosh, even a reasonable reassessment of "Water World".

Dalgliesh: well it ain't the Roy Marsden version.

To term it "indifferent" would be being kind.

Doomsday caught on camera: people doing remarkably stupid things on camera in life threatening situations.

Who in his right fecking mind goes anywhere near a river of lava on a Hawaiian island whose volcanoes are noted for the liquidity and rapidity of flow of said lava?

Hurricane in the Caribbean, Tornadoes in septicland, ice surge on the great lakes in septicland.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 November 2021, 22:31.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry but dull and overcast. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 9. Rain expected this morning and the sun might come out just before it gets dark. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Decent night's sleep and actually felt reasonably rested when I woke.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The series opener, 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' holds is world premier in London 2001

Comment

Working...
                      X