• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Separately - finally worked out how to get something working correctly 100% of the time.

Glad I'm only using Clarity as a guinea pig and we aren't live yet because this is going to be a big change... Hopefully do it all today though.
    Ah.. I'm sure I don't need to caution you about the perils of friendly testers

Comment

{emotionless greeting}

Morning all
      Beautiful crisp morning earlier. 6C outside at the house, but still frozen grass in shaded areas on the walk.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and dry out. Just a lone chemtrail across the sky. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 10 later. Rain expected late afternoon. Barometer up to 1005 mBar.

No strange bumps in the night or other disturbances. I did wake before my alarm but refused to look at the clock. When I did finally look at the clock, it was only 10 mins before the alarm. Had a nice doze through the drivel that is the Today Programme before getting up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The International Radiograph Conference in Berlin selects 'SOS' (...---...) as the worldwide standard distress signal for help 1906

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ah.. I'm sure I don't need to caution you about the perils of friendly testers
          Well she isn't a tester, more user acceptance (which means not available as other things are more pressing).

What they really are (and what I really wanted) is a valid live dataset with a whole host of potential issues because being small they took on complex cases that more sane umbrellas avoided.

Which means I've probably covered items that would rarely occur outside of very strange circumstances.

What I will say is that how you handle expenses is clearly documented in HMRC's guidebook. So how can so many agencies do them wrong in so many completely different ways.
          Last edited by eek; 3 November 2021, 08:57.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The International Radiograph Conference in Berlin selects 'SOS' (...---...) as the worldwide standard distress signal for help 1906
            Oh, I want to google my reply to get it right, but I'm not going to - will wait for someone to correct me.

Before then, the distress signal used by the British was 'CQH' - Come Quickly Help, and it took a few years to SOS to catch on. The first civilian use of SOS was 14/04/1912.

(some, more, or less, of the above may be true)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Oh, I want to google my reply to get it right, but I'm not going to - will wait for someone to correct me.

Before then, the distress signal used by the British was 'CQH' - Come Quickly Help, and it took a few years to SOS to catch on. The first civilian use of SOS was 14/04/1912.

(some, more, or less, of the above may be true)
              I suppose selecting an option doesn't automatically mean adoption of that option.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and looks as if there's been a heavy dew, or possibly a shower overnight. The weather app is reporting "drizzle" but it's not clear that this is actually happening here now, rather than somewhere nearby with a drizzle monitor

Currently 8°C with no more than 10° expected, and the barometers are up at 997/1004mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Spider crawled up my leg in the bathroom, couldn't figure out what the tickling was.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It then flew into the bath from whence I rescued it, so it's still somewhere in the bathroom.

I was, of course, bollock naked at the time, otherwise I wouldn't have felt it.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It then flew into the bath from whence I rescued it, so it's still somewhere in the bathroom.

I was, of course, bollock naked at the time, otherwise I wouldn't have felt it.

Now there's a mental picture I didn't expect to have today

Comment

Working...
                      X