• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

When I got back from shopping, somebody had parked in the Corolla's space. I assumed it was something to do with the bloke who uses the compound, as he had his lackeys unloading some bricks. But he's gone now, and it's still there

So I now occupy a space that's normally used by a family from the side road, and have to keep popping down and checking if the other one's moved yet. If it doesn't go soon, I'll have to shift anyway to avoid inconveniencing that family, as there's no reason why they should suffer

Comment

Popped down and the errant car had moved

It belongs to somebody a few doors down, and normally parks in the space that was being occupied by the flatbed truck from which the bricks were being unloaded. Good to know they also popped down and moved it once their usual space was available, so that the natural harmony of the Universe could be restored

Comment

The car parking arrangements sound very similar to the way regular commuters look after their seats and those of fellow regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The car parking arrangements sound very similar to the way regular commuters look after their seats and those of fellow regulars.
          The guy who lives upstairs from me got so annoyed when a newcomer took to parking in "his" space last year that he left passive-aggressive notes under the interloper's windscreen wipers a couple of times, then sprayed dotted lines on the paving either side of his car. But he only had a can of silver paint, which doesn't show up well on grey paving blocks and has now aged and weathered enough that you can't really see them any more

This sort of thing happens whenever someone new tries parking in there, but we always end up achieving a new equilibrium

I think the entire Google Maps satellite photo archive going back to the mid-00s shows my Orion parked in roughly the same spot, other than that it had to move over a few feet when they put a gate in that end of the fence around the little compound

Comment

Used to live on an Estate and most weekends the roads were filled with relatives of some of the residents at a party. Lots of wailing & Gnashing of teeth from the neighbours.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was pleased when we moved to somewhere with its own driveway, The neighbours still moaned about parking by the church.

Nice number!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I was pleased when we moved to somewhere with its own driveway, The neighbours still moaned about parking by the church.

Nice number!

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with the usual chips, beans and fried onions. Absolutely excellent

The good thing about those thick-cut steaks is that even I can manage to cook one such that it has a nicely seared crust on the outside while remaining rare within

Comment

Binge watched the second half of S7 of Marvels Agents of SHIELD. Shame they took it way too far, you could tell they just phoned it in for several episodes.

Sleepy time now

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nice number!

Comment

Working...
                      X